Saturday, April 3, 2010

Slow Motion, No Groove!

I communicated with a friend the other day who'd seen my Blog and mentioned how she liked it. That was really great to hear being my first time an all, but after speaking with her (she's a veteran blogger!) I realized I really need to get a handle on my blogging groove. For some reason, I keep letting "life" get in the way (go figure!) I know I'm not by myself, as I read other blogs I subscribe to, they're busy too! So I'm going to make a promise to myself to try and do something, no matter how small every week. Let's see how long I keep that promise, LOL!

In looking for inspiration this week, I came across a few patterns reviewed by some of my favorite Bloggers and wanted to make them myself. So off to the fabric store I went!  Oh how I love browsing through those great textiles, rubbing my hands across layers of fabric as I pass them. Gazing at all the beautiful colors.  Wondering how each one would look great as a pair of slacks or how I could create a cute sundress with another, the list goes on and on!  So I stopped my "fabric day-dreaming" long enough to actually make a serious decision and purchased some fabrics.

The first pattern inspiration came from my favorite blogger "domestichaven". She made a beautiful blouse from McCalls pattern 5929. She did such a wonderful job, I had to have it in my stash! I also made the same change she did (one ruffle instead of two) however, it was only because I didn't purchase enough fabric!!! LOL!  I will be remaking again using the double ruffle.

So here it is...











See my review and more pictures of this top on Pattern Review.com.

Up next from my day of fabric shopping...
Can't wait to complete this little number, Simplicity 2603, it had a lot of great reviews too!  I purchased this great rayon lycra knit from JoAnn Fabrics, LOVIN THE COLOR!!!










 

I think I'm going to "self-draft" something for this beautiful black and white chiffon fabric! (the white fabric is for matching slacks).











Not sure what I'm going to do with this yet...it's a cotton gauze and I just fell in love with the beautiful pattern, isn't it goregous?? I'm open to all suggestions on what I should make!!











Until next time, wish me luck on my promise to post every week!  Happy Sewing!!  :)






2 comments:

  1. Love that shirt! I'm not a ruffles kinda gal, but I have not doubt it will look stellar on you!

    As to getting your groove - you'll get there. If it's really what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that pattern, and it's on my list. I love your version. Very nice job. I also LOVE your skirt from your last post along with the blouses. VERY NICE!!! Welcome to blog land.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email