Friday, May 21, 2010

One More Try...



I loved this fabric when I first saw it and just knew whatever I made with it, would be just great.  Well I was kind of right.  I decided to use Simplicity 3786 (View E).  I have to tell you, this is a really easy and very quick pattern to make.  I came home from work last night and completed it in a couple of hours!  It turned out very well however, the bold print of the fabric doesn't really allow you to see the details of the pleats in the front. 


Here's a close of of the front pleating.  There are actually 5 pleats on either side of the opening...


...and very nice overall shaping on this top.  The small bit of elastic in the center back really adds to the great fit.


I'd really like to remake this one in a solid color so the details can be seen better and plan on doing so soon.  Especially since the most time consuming part of making this top were the pleats!  I want those to be seen! :)  The fabric is 100% Crinkle Cotton Gauze.  Perfect for summer!  I highly recommend this pattern!

Now, off to decide what my next project will be.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. You can't tell much about the pleats, but I love the back and the way the print appears to swirl! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty blouse and have that pattern. I need to push it up on my to sew list.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....