Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nice Tees

Sorry I've been away so long!  I did it again and let life get in the way of my passion...shame on me!  I did get a chance during the Memorial Day weekend to complete some of those projects though, I just didn't have a chance to post them.  All of the fabrics a purchased just before the holiday, were tee shirt weight knits.  Here's what I decided to do with some of them.

First up is a re-make of a self-drafted pattern from an old 'ready to wear" top used to have and loved... 


Please forgive my tired look!  I just got off work and the Mr. thought it was a good time to take a picture of my top, the sad part is, I let him! LOL  This particular pattern is really easy and quick to make, I completed it in about 1 hour after cutting.  I have three of them already!

Next is my muslin. I'm definitely going to re-make this one in a very nice knit fabric.  I absolutely love this it too.  The pattern is Butterick 5497 and is very comfortable to wear.


Although, this one wasn't so quick to make!  The pattern was pretty easy but there was a lot of gathering and adding of elastic (some of the elastic, I don't believe you needed).  Also, I had to shorten the bodice at the shoulder to keep it from gaping in the front and back.  (Didn't want the girls hanging out!)  Other than that, it turned out pretty nice.

Last, but not least and in my favorite color, is a cute tee using pattern Burda 7828


This was another fast and easy pattern to make.  No alterations were needed on this one, the fit is just perfect!  I can't wait to do it again in a nicer knit fabric. 

I actually made two others tops, but they're in the laundry...I couldn't wait and wore them already, so I'll review them later!

There's a dress on my cutting table now and hope to finish it before my grandkids arrive next week, YEAH!!!...I won't get any sewing in while they're with me and I'm so excited to see them!  I'll posts some pictures of them when I get a chance!   Have a great week and Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Love them all. I'm going to have to make the Butterick top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tops are very pretty and my favorite is the Burda tee. Oh you are so dead wrong about not being able to pull of a strapless dress. You have awesome shoulders & arms and would look great in a strapless dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you had gotten off too! Glad to see you back and love the aqua colored tee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute tops, you've been a busy bee! That's such a soft and cool color on your Burda tee, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are very cute tee's. Glad your back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have you back. You've been super busy I see nonetheless. I love your tops. You pick the really cute one! I love the and style of the Burda top and I love your muslin of the Butterick top. It totally looks wearable. I can't wait to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your very nice comments, you're all so very sweet! You're all why this newbie loves blogging now...such a sense of family!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email