Monday, June 28, 2010

Zapped by the Energy Bandits!

For all you grandparents (and parents of small children), energy is the one thing you MUST have plenty of!  We all love those little "Cherubs" with their soul soothing words, "I Love you Grandma"! It warms your heart and makes you want to do just about anything to please them!  Well we had a FULL three days with our grandchildren who live out of state.  My son fly them in for a short, fun-filled weekend.
 

We spent most of the time in the pool!  Something they don't get to do a lot because they live up North.  So that's all they really wanted to do was stay in the pool with grandma!   That was ok by me until I realized that it wasn't going to be just leisurely play in the water...it was all out water battles and Marco Polo!  That was enough exercise for 4 days!!! 

We did get to take them to Universal Studios for tons of fun, rides and shows!  Our granddaughter, whose now 8 yrs old, is a true daredevil and adrenaline junkie!  The rides couldn't be fast or high enough for her! (of course I wasn't the one taking her on the rides...that would be her Dad, grandma's afraid of heights!)  She had an awesome time and vowed to come back every summer! (this was their first time in FL since they were babies)

We also found our grandson was not quite the "daredevil"...we couldn't get him to go on any other "simulated" rides after "Krustyland" (the Bart Simpson ride).  He's very observant and while we were all waiting to go in, he heard something Krusty said on the speakers that made him not want to go in.  So when they closed the doors to our room, we all got a surprise when our grandson started his own performance!  We got him to calm down by promising nothing would ever hurt him while we're together and that was the end of his rides for the day!  All in all, he told grandma he had a great time and wanted to go back again.  We'll see how long that lasts!!!


Now it's time to finish that dress I started after a couple of naps today!!  Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! It's great you've been having such a great time with the Grands. I still can't believe you're a Grandma (you look so young)!!! Your Grands are precious, and you're right about one thing---they can wear you out. My almost 3 year old gets me everytime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like y'all had a FABULOUS time!!! Great looking kid and sweet grandkids! Glad you survived!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myra I did almost lose my mind fabric shopping. When there is so much to choose from I always get overwhelmed. But I collected myself and went ahead and made some selections. It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email