Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Wild Side!!

Ok, when I saw this Zebra pencil skirt from a fellow blogger HLT (b4 the door), my eyes lit up like Christmas!  Animal prints WOW I'm in love!  I never knew this side of me, but I LIKE IT (and so does my hubby!).  So I was on the hunt for Zebra fabric and was so happy when I found it! But not just the beautiful black and white, no I went for the HOT Coral color (a dark pink!)


Once I get it home, I look at it again and think, "I have the exact idea in mind for this fabric!"  I decided to make a cute party dress for my birthday which was last week Thursday, July 8.  So I pulled an OOP ("out of print" for those who don't know) from my pattern stash.  I chose Simplicity 3800 View C, the dress.


I made a couple of tops from this pattern and I really liked them, but never made the dress. I am so happy I selected this because it turned out great!  Although, I did have just one fleeting moment of sanity where I asked myself, "have you lost your mind!"  My original thoughts returned when I texted a picture of the dress to my good friend Laure who returned this message, "WOW, it's gorgeous and only you could get away with wearing a dress like that!" Once again she made my day, because this friend always says what's on her mind whether you like it or not! (and this is one of the things I love about her too!)


 

This pattern was extremely easy to follow, you almost didn't need the instructions. The twist part of instructions was one of the easiest I've seen anywhere yet!  The fabric, I found at JoAnn Fabrics and it's a polyester knit.  I didn't make any design changes to the pattern, but there was a pattern issue I had corrected previously (back neck gaping).  To prevent the back neck area from gaping, I cut a 2" cone shape out of the neck section of the back pattern piece.



I made a size 10 which is a perfect fit for me with the stretch fabric. (it wasn't to tight to show these bulges I'm constantly fighting!!!)   I really like how quickly the pattern goes together, this dress was completed in a couple of hours!  No real dislikes on this one!   So here I am, off to party with my hubby for my Birthday!  (OOPs so excited, I forgot my watch, rings and bracelet!)



Until next time, Happy Sewing!

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a HOT little number!!! The color is great on you and the print is perfect!!! I'm drooling over here! It's FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! Happy birthday:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you look fantastic in that dress! Good choice of pattern used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I stand by my original comment—only you could wear that dress and make it look THAT GOOD, my friend!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is looks wonderful on YOU! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all are so very kind, thank you so much for your very nice comments and Marybeth, thank you for the Birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful in that dress! Great colors on you. I just took a walk on the wild side too! Mine is black and white, but I love your pink version. Enjoy your B-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a knockout dress on you! Love the pink zebra stripe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this dress! Color and print both look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday and that dress was perfect for a B-day celebration.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email