Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Love Polka Dots

I really love the reviews on the DKNY Vogue pattern V1179. 


It appears most who've made it love it and now so do I!!  I finally purchased the pattern and decided to use some stretch polyester knit I found at JoAnn on sale for $3.00 a yd to create my muslin and wow did it turn out nice!  Great dress for $6 bucks...I couldn't have been more pleased!  The instructions were super easy, and the pattern went together very quickly...it only took me a couple of ours after cutting it out to make it!  There were no issues with the pattern and I didn't need to make any alterations or adjustments.  Some of the other reviews mentioned the armhole sync being a little tight, but I didn't find this to be a problem for me.  It was a perfect fit.


I'm so in love with this pattern.  I'm definitely going to make the dress again very soon and would highly recommend it to others.  It's so very comfortable to wear... I wore it to work with heels and to the grocery store with my flip flops, so I would say it's very versatile. 

Currently, I'm working on another version of this pattern as a top in a Chocolate Brown rayon Lycra knit.  I'm going to pair it with a beautiful "unique" animal stretch print (I believe it's polyester)  It's going to be a skirt I'm self - drafting from multiple patterns.  I found this animal print at JoAnn and already cut it out so I can only show you a piece of it.  It looks like a combination of Leopard and Tiger!  Isn't it different???


I hope both pieces turn out, (I have faith, just a little nervous because I love the fabrics!) and that will be my next post even if I "bomb"!!  Happy Sewing!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your version of this great pattern - the polka dot fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress and good luck on your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, another great dress with this pattern, i am on a pattern ban, lets see if I can stay strong. I can't wait to see the top you make, that print is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see another positive review of the Vogue pattern. Very cute in polka dots. I really love the animal print you have shown us. A chocolate brown top and that print will be so chic. Hope it all works out for you, because I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that looks gorgeous! I love the colour, & I too love polka dots! I'm still not convinced about this pattern though, I fear it would look maternity on me (as I have a fat gut) but still I love the style.... maybe we'll give it a go one day!
    and that animal print, wow!
    can't wait to see that made up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress!!! I love the color and the polka dots. The dress looks like it is SO comfortable:) Can't wait to see what you do with the animal print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours is a WOW dress! I've picked up that pattern several times, but haven't bought it yet. I really like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enough already. Now I have to get the pattern this weekend. I NEED more patterns! Your dress is fantastic. I want to see a picture of you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is a fine dress - and what a win for a muslin! The fabric is just lovely. I've ordered this pattern and will make it as soon as it arrives. Hope to see a pic of you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies, thank you all for your wonderful comments! (I'm blushing over here!) I will include a photo of me wearing this dress on my next creation post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this a Sandra Betzina pattern? Her stuff is the greatest and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love this dress. Your version is about 100% nicer than the pattern envelope. I will have to add this to the list. Your whole wardrobe is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I made this earlier this summer and I wore it to death! LOL

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email