Monday, November 8, 2010

Animal In The House Again

In my last post I showed this very nice piece of animal print fabric I found at JoAnn Fabrics.


It was love at first sight!  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a fellow PR member reviewed a top using the very same material...and I knew someone else fell in love too!  (Sorry, I can't remember who it was so I can't find it again to show you!) 

I decided to make a skirt I saw on a magazine cover that inspired me.  Although this one appeared to be made of chiffon,  I wanted to make something similar using this beautiful knit.  It wasn't the chiffon on this skirt I was attracted to nor the flounce at the bottom, it was the ruffle down the front of one side that caught my eye. 


 So I decided to create a skirt using pieces from multiple patterns.  Seemed simple enough...and it was!



See what you can do with a little imagination and a lot of luck!!! :) Took me about three hours to make!  I really love the finished project!  The chocolate brown sweater was made using the DKNY Dress Vogue pattern 1179.  It makes a great top too!  

 I didn't make the top to go with this skirt, they were just completed one after the other and matched nicely! 

Now I must fulfill a promise from my last post. Some of you wanted me to post a photo of myself in the Vogue pattern 1179,  my turquoise polka dot dress (same pattern as top above) I think this dress is so stylish, comfortable and forgiving! Here's the photo...



I have so much to work on, so it's back to the sewing room for me.  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Sewing!

9 comments:

  1. Very cute skirt and top, I have that same piece of fabric had to have it! So I know what you mean.(LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt and the dress are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I never would have thought to make it into a top! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt. It is really flattering on you. I am partial to animal prints myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look "purrrrrrfectly" wonderful in your skirt and top! And I think there's a lot more involved than just luck....

    Love those polka dots too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job on the skirt... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a spectacular use of your animal print. I love the skirt and the knit top keeps it all very chic looking. I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous skirt! You're so right, it's the ruffle that makes it so feminine and flattering.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email