Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Fashion Show

I found a show to take care of my Project Runway withdrawals! I watched the Premier of The Fashion Show featuring Iman and Isaac Mizrahi.


I must say I was a little skeptical at first, but quickly found the show very interesting! The created fashions are really very nice! It appears the contestants are a little more experienced. The structure of the show is a little different, as the contestants were setup into two teams called "fashion houses" and tasked with naming their house. The results were...The House of Nami (Iman spelled backwards-my favorite team so far) & The House of Emerald Six). The contestants are judged together as a "House" collection and best individual look overall.

While I found a lot of similarities to Project Runway, this show can hold it's own in my opinion! If you didn't see the first show try to catch the next one, you might be pleasantly surprised! It's on the Bravo channel Tuesdays @ 10:00pm. You can catch reruns of the first show all this week on the The Bravo Channel. If you're like me & can't get enough of fashion, get your DVR's ready to record! Hope you enjoy the show!

Happy Sewing!







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I missed the first show but noticed you can watch aired episodes online as well at Bravotv.com. I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wandered over her to learn more about you as I saw you post on Laure Ferlita's blog today. Wow -- you have a very interesting blog and you have brought back many memories of my sewing days when younger. I'm just about your age (-1) but with 3 boys I didn't do as much sewing as if I'd had girls. You have some very interesting pieces that you've made and it just might get me to visit the yardage shop again ... after the busy holidays.

    Thanks for reigniting some memories for me and I'm glad to find another comfy spot in blog-land.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email