Friday, November 19, 2010

Much Needed Pieces #1

I've been trying to catch up on sewing needed items to pull my "orphan" wardrobe together.  My closet needs some serious fixing!  I think some of you really know what I mean, you have pieces that nothing matches (orphans), or  you just need to add some staple pieces, like white shirts or sweater, black skirt or slacks, I think you get the picture.  So I'm going on a mission to try and update my wardrobe with things I really need.  I'll still add in a "want" project every now and then, but the next few weeks will be devoted to those much needed pieces.

I just completed a white tee for work that will be a good staple for a lot of orphan skirts and slacks. I've made this pattern once before Burda 7828 and really liked it a lot! I'm sure I'll make it again too because it's really quick and easy to make. It's pretty true to size too, as I made a size 10 with no alterations at all.  Some other reviews mentioned they shortened the ties, but I like the look of them long (it adds that little something, I think). It's truly a lovely pattern.




I used a white rayon Lycra from highendfabrics.com I really like their knits! and because this is white, I can wear it with everything!

On another note, if you're a Pattern Review member and you haven't signed up for your JoAnn Fabric VIP card, here's the link to the instructions. (You must be a Pattern Review member to follow these instructions). I like the idea of being able to save 10% on every purchase!! Get yours now!


Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Your top is awesome! I can see why you love it so much! I'm like you I need a serious closet makeover! I jusyt now got my fit right on tops and trying pants next, YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! A wardrobe needs a few basics sure, but this isn't basic at all its luxe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty top and it's nice to hear it was fast to sew up. And in white, you'll be wearing it with so many things. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like it!! And I sure it looks stunning on you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely top and recently took stock of my closet and also need to sew pieces for my orphans too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice top. It's a great piece to add to your wardrobe. It can go with pretty much anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great looking top. I wish we had a Jo-Ann's here :( I would definitely take advantage of that card. I'm going to have to check out the fabric link too. I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email