Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sewing Machine Going Again!!

Sorry everyone for being away so long!!  I've been working on a couple of projects between getting ready for the holidays!!!  I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and Santa was good to you all!!  I'm currently working on my first pair of Jalie Jeans that just about everyone has made except me!!!  I hope to have them completed for posting before the end of the week.

I just completed these slacks and love them!  It's Vogue 1051.


Although the pattern envelope says they are of "average" skill, I found them very time consuming...albeit, the end result is very nice!

 


Pattern Description: Slightly flared leg pants  
Pattern Sizing: 4 - 18
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  I think so.
Were the instructions easy to follow?   Yes but very time consuming!
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I like the style of the pants, but you all know me, I like quick projects and this is not one of them!
Fabric Used: Sage colored wool blend.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I narrowed the leg just below the thigh because I didn't want them to flare.  I also lowered the waist line because I'm very short-waisted.  Other than that, no changes were made.
Would you sew it again?   Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, I would definitely sew again when I have a lot of time.  I would definitely recommend to others.
Conclusion:  Very nice pants


 Happy Sewing!!

12 comments:

  1. Myra, those are some great fitting pants. I love your choice of fabric. That style suits you perfectly. I don't think I can say it enough that the fit on those pants is perfect. It's difficult to a great wrinkle-free rear view. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are worth getting the sewing machine going. You look fabulous in them and they look beautifully made. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great on you and fit you to a tee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! They look sooo good. The fit is perfect. I have been working on pant fitting and cant get that crotch curve right. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for your kind comments! I really like how they turned out too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pants are fabulous. Very nice fit and very flattering. I'm anxious to see the Jalie jeans too. I have the pattern, but haven't made them yet either. Thank you for popping by and leaving your thoughtful comments. Happy New Year and here's to another fun year of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Do those pants ever fit you well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day I will be able to make pants like this. Perfect fit. They look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice work - I also am Myra, from Texas.
    www.adventuresbabysewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pant fit very well. Good Job!
    www.charlenesa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....