Monday, January 3, 2011

My First Jalie Jeans...

I'm in love!!!  I just completed my very first pair of Jalie Jeans and oh my goodness do I love them!!  All the reviews were soooo correct, this pattern goes together very nicely!  There are 75 reviews of these jeans on Pattern Review and they are all favorable.  Now I understand why!   For anyone who's like me and not taken the "plunge" yet, please, please give them a try, you will be so pleasantly surprised!


Here's my review of the pattern...

Pattern Description:   Women's stretch Jeans
Pattern Sizing:  4 - 22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes, kind of...I made a changes to personalize mine.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Very!  I'm starting to see a pattern with Jalie patterns in that they're instructions are well written. (at least so far!)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I liked how quick and easy the jeans went together.  The detail (topstitching) is what took the most time and it was well worth the time in my book!  I really didn't mind at all!

Fabric Used:  I lightweight dark indigo stretch denim.  However, my fabric did not have as much stretch as the pattern requires (20% stretch!)  Despite this, they still fit perfect!

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:   I had to take in the waistband a bit and will try a tip from Mazzygirl the next time.  Her idea sounds like a great fix for this issue (silly!!! I should have re-read her review first!).  I also decided to design my pockets a little differently and added an "offset" pocket flap.  I also topstitched pocket 1/4" around the pocket flap to give it the illusion of a double pocket flap...


Would you sew it again?  Most definitely MANY TIMES!!!  Would you recommend it to others?  You betcha!  If you're a sewer, you've got to try time.  I don't know why I waited so long!

Conclusion:   It's really a nice feeling to be able to make a great fitting pair of jeans for myself...no more RTW!  I'll just be looking at those for inspiration only.  Nothing's coming between me and my Jalie's!!!



I also decided to try my hand at a little fading and aging of the denim.  Although it didn't turn out exactly as I wanted it to, I like the results and will try it again on another pair.  There are tips all over the internet on fading and aging your denim jeans, just "google" it!  Here's one of the tips I used if your interested  "How to Fade Jeans".  Here's a picture of my jeans after my fading attempt (along with a blouse I'll review later).
 



I just can't say enough about this pattern, you just have to give it a try for yourself!
I'll be reviewing this top on my next post...on to my next project!  This is going to be a great year for sewing!  Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and Happy New Year!!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, your jeans are amazing! Okay, I think I'm going to have to try these as my next jeans instead of the Vogue I was planning on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational looking jeans!!! Yours look so much better than RTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really did a nice job. You look amazing. I love the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job on those. I would never have thought that jean patterns would turn out looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love those pockets! They fit you great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great fit too! You've inspired me, think I'll have to get that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Myra, these look unbelievable! and that fading, looks totally brilliant! (I'll have to try that too)
    I really really like your pocket treatment too, overall such a phenomenal result!
    welcome to the Jalie jeans club, you'll never buy a pair of ready-mades ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning pair of jeans! The fit is truly fabulous and I love what you have done with the pockets. If ever I get around to making a pair of jeans I'm going to use this pattern - I would want mine to look just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding Myra. Great looking pair of jeans and they fit you to a "T".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rarely wears jeans, but after seeing yours... I want to make them... They look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job. The fit is perfect and the topstitching top notch. I love you back pocket design..... may have to borrow that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review on the Jalie jeans~ yours look awesome! I am one that's hesitant, but I'm sure I'm gonna give thema try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome jeans and you look GREAT in them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Those jeans are hot and I love the pockets. I just bought a pair of Seven jeans tonight and the waistband is too big (as usual). I think I'll finally make a pair this year.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email