Saturday, February 5, 2011

Much Needed Piece #3

A little while back I posted about having some much needed pieces to stretch my wardrobe.  A quick white cotton blouse was needed for work, so I pulled out my TNT McCalls pattern 5929 to become "much needed piece #3. 
I know I'm going to need a few more white blouses, especially since this is my only one! Even I can't believe that! I have a couple of white tees, why haven't I made this staple before?  Who knows?  I'll correct that this year!  I really like this pattern and but decided not to use the ruffles.  I wanted just a plain white blouse and love the fit on this particular blouse.


 I blogged about making this pattern twice before here

The skirt I'm wearing was inspired by a version I saw on Anthropology.com and thought it was just too cute. (I really like a lot of the designs at this store!)    


I chose Vogue pattern 8672 and made View F (the gold skirt) to complete the look of the inspiration piece. It was relatively easy and quick to sew, instructions were super easy...but a lot of gathering!

 
I had this tweed looking navy cotton rayon blend fabric in my very tiny stash (small compared to some of my fellow sewing bloggers...I envy their stashes!)  I lined it with, my favorite rayon bemberg in navy.  I made a size 12 and but had to take it in about 2" each side before it fit!  I don't know if it was because of the soft material that stretched a little or the pattern really runs large.  Once I completed the skirt and tried it on, I didn't really care for it.  My husband saw it and loved it!  Since I really value his opinion regarding my clothes, I think I'll keep it.   I don't believe I'll be making it again though, but I highly recommend it if you like the style!


I'm currently working on "Much Needed Piece #4" black slacks using a new pattern I've not made before Burda 7746 which will be my next post.  This pattern has some very nice front pocket details I really like!   Wish me luck! 

Happy Sewing!

9 comments:

  1. I like the skirt, too! The gathering on the side it pretty. That blouse looks really nice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really chic Myra. I love both pieces great from choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that white blouse, especially the back darts! I think the skirt looks very nice on you....Wayne's right, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these pieces are beautiful and together they make a wonderful outfit - very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pieces Myra! You look great in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely combo. Both the skirt and top are beautiful.Great job

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email