Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quick Winter Top!

This is going to be a very quick review of a top I just completed and will definitely be making another!  It's McCalls 6284.   The pattern literately takes no time to make and is a perfect fit right out of the envelope!
I purchased a really pretty dark plum colored rayon lycra knit for this project from JoAnn Fabrics.  I can't remember exactly what time I started the top so I can't really tell you how much time it took, but I know it was not more than 2 hrs.  I really believe it was a lot less! (aftering cutting out of course).   The instructions were very easy to follow.  I made View C, (the pink one). The only change I made to the pattern was to make it long sleeve instead of the 3/4" sleeve, since I made this primarily for the winter.
The gathering for the mock shrug was really simple to do and you know how I hate gathering, but this really wasn't bad at all!  It fits so beautifully too, it just makes you feel really cute in it! 
These pictures don't truly show you the nice plum color of the fabric...it looks more purple here.  I'll post a picture of me in it later.  Hopefully I can get one that shows the true color. 

I would definitely recommend this pattern and give it "two thumbs up"!

I'm currently working on a first for me, a balloon skirt...hmmm, it's definitely not my style, but the picture on the envelope is sooo cute!  It should be completed today.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY SEWING!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous top . I love that neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to make this one too. Yours came out so pretty and the gathering around the neck is elegant. Nicely done and a gorgeous color. Even if the color is a little off, I can imagine it in plum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty top, it's a lovely style anld it's great that it's so fast to make. Looking forward to seeing your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love the color it's so rich and luxurious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like you! Love that luscious color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know that we liked your version of M6284 so much we posted a link from our McCall's Patterns facebook page. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable top! Purple is my favorite color and so I just love this version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Myra, Myra, Myra~ this top is simply gorgeous! I love the style and the color is WOW! You did a fantastic job! Purple ( the new black this year) isone of my favorite colors,too! I have this very similar top in the simplicity version S2364~ I am going to make it in something! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email