Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My First Tunic - Somewhat

Burda 7866 was a great way to start my tunic fancy!  It's still somewhat fitted, although I didn't think that when I saw the pattern envelope below, (don't know what I was thinking, it's clearly fitting this tiny woman's body!!)  but I was pleasantly surprised when I made it.  I got the "tunic bug" from one of my fellow bloggers I love following, Adrienne from Real Life: Live and Unscripted.  She's made quite a few and I love the way they all look on her!  See one of them here.   This pattern is a very easy one to make with very few pieces and I love that it's made using knit fabric too!

The fabric is a Brown / Gray Rayon Lycra knit from Fashion Fabric Club.com.  I fell in love with it as soon as I laid eyes on it!  The fabric was more beautiful when it arrived in the mail!  This pattern was very easy and quick, just the way I like them!  I didn't have to do any adjustments at all and the fit is perfect!  This pattern is perfect for a beginner!  I made the belt, but didn't like it with my top, because of the print,  I found it was way to distracting, so I won't use it.

I really like this top and plan on making a few more!  Oh it's sooo very comfortable too!  I quickly realized this one would look nice with a belt too...something I don't have.  Can you believe I don't have any belts I can wear with a tunic!!  Not one!!  That's sad, because I believe every woman who subcribes to my blog and for that matter, every woman other than me, has at least one!  That's something I plan on changing very soon!

Sorry about the bad photo!

I'm currently working on a knit dress and another top.  I'm really excited about the top too, it's for a much needed ladies' night out (more like a "sex and the city" ladies night out!) and us girls just wanna have fun!!  Until next time...
Happy Sewing! 

9 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job on your tunic and I love the fabric pattern. I have had that pattern in my stash for a couple of years now. I also pull it out to make it, but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute - I have that, too, and never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you have the bug—that's a cute tunic! I'm surprised you don't have any belts though....maybe you don't really need one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric too and this is a great looking tunic. I've morphed this pattern into other creations, but I should use it just as it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tunic and such cute fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a blog award for you over at Painted THoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This easy to make tunic looks super-special in that fabulous fabric! You should definitely make more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks adorable on you! Very stylish and fits great!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....