Saturday, April 16, 2011

My "Sex in the City" Top

My last top for the "Over The Top" challenge was supposed to be Simplicity 2254 in a pale peach mystery fabric...
Well that didn't happen and there is no wadder to show! It was such a total bust, I had to trash the darn thing!  I'm not feeling bad about it because I had another lined up to work on I was excited to get to it!  There's no pattern for this one, I drafted it from an inspiration piece I saw online at Saks.com for $685!!   I'm going on a "Sex in the City" girls night out and was searching for something to inspire me, well the Saks top did it, but there's no way I can afford that price!  Thank goodness I know how to sew! 


 I found this beautiful piece of stretch silver lame at JoAnn one day while shopping with a friend and thought it matched a pair of chrome sandals I've had for a while. My first thought was how cool these (the shoes & top) would be together with a pair of rhinestone jeans I have and sure enough, it worked! This top was such a simple one to create...there wasn't much to it, most of the work was searching for the right material and I lucked up on that!


(I should have pulled it down in the back, please excuse my wrinkles!) I really like how I was able to bring the side ruffle up just high enough to show a tiny peek of skin above the waistband of my jeans, I think it's so sexy but not to much!! (don't want to show any rolls now do I, LOL!!)

This is really a fun top and I'm sure I'll make another is a less fancy fabric! It would make a cute little summer tank!

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Have a great night out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a totally fun top! I am impressed with how nice the shoulder straps look. I love how you cut them in a little bit. Hope you have/had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super-glamorous top!! You look fabulous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you are married or not, but you'd better wear your wedding ring when you go out if you are! Good job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top is Bangin' as they say!!!! Girl you are too hot. What did your husband say when he saw that number? hee, hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... How did I miss that fabulous top.....and the name is right on point..... Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute top!!! You always have great and daring sewing ideas. And you look great btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh cute. I love this one! The reffles are just the topping.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email