Thursday, June 23, 2011

McCalls 6164, A Really Nice Detailed Tee...


I was a little leary about this pattern at first, but that was a wasted moment...this is a really nice pattern! It sews up quickly despite the gathering on the sleeves, which I'd say, is a very cute design! It's a smart way to add a little pazazz to an otherwise plain tee. I like the fit & style of this pattern.  I made View A (the pink one)  

The only change I made, was to raise the front a little so I wouldn't have any cleavage showing, since this is for work. However, the envelope picture was deceiving, because it's not really that low. This pattern is pretty much true to size. I normally make a size small with tees or sweaters, but for some silly reason I cut this one a medium & had to alter to make it fit me!! Now that was pretty stupid!!!  I used a rayon, polyester knit from Joann Fabrics in a chocolate color. I made this specifically to go with a skirt I self drafted last year in a cute animal print. (review here)  

 I definitely plan on making this one several times before the trend goes away, it's truly a nice one!!
I've also completed a two piece dress and need to publish my post for it shortly. Thanks for reading and hope you stop by again soon!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love your top and the color is wonderful as well! I am going to have to get this pattern.. I made B5562 but this is more on the line of what I wanted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top looks great! I love this pattern and plan to make more, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top! I love the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Perfect match for the cute skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, that is a great top!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely top and it looks great with your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cute top. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked this one up the other day, can't wait to make it after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email