Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sundress No. 1 Completed!

I'm soooooo in love with this next pattern...there's truly no words to describe just how very comfortable this dress is!!  McCalls 6347 is definitely going to be the next TNT for a comfortable sundress in my collection!


I first saw this pattern reviewed by aleah42 on Pattern Review.com where she made View A (which I plan on making in a top version very soon too).  Once I saw the style of View B (the Navy one), I immediately fell "head over heels" in love with it!  This one had to be added to my vacation wardrobe!   I used a dark brown Rayon Lycra knit from JoAnn Fabrics which ended up perfect for this pattern.  Fortunately, I noticed a huge error in the instructions once I starting working!!  You won't be able to continue making the dress if you didn't figure this out first, it's a very critical mistake!  Once I did, it was smooth sailing!!!  The error is in Step 6 of the instructions, which tell you ..."with right sides together"  however this should read "with wrong sides together"!!

Other than that, this pattern goes together very quickly, I finished it in about 3 hours tops!  The sizes of this pattern range from XS to XXL and I made my usual size small, however I could have made an XS.  I ended up having to take in the straps 1-1/2 inches to bring the front up a bit because the armholes were too low.  Everything else was fine.  I have to say, I really, really love this dress!  No dislikes here!  I will definitely be making this one several more times!

Looks great with flipflops too!


So now to tell you about my vacation...I can't believe I going on my first 10 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean, YEAAAA!!!  We'll be visiting places like St. Maarten, St. Johns, Barbados and a few others I can't remember right now.  There's approximately 7 islands on our itinerary, we'll be very, very busy!  I've been on many cruises before but never 10 days and never to the Southern Caribbean, so this will definitely be a treat!  and to really make this trip special, our youngest son and his fiancee are going with us!  Since I only have a few months before we leave, I better get crack'n on my projects if I plan on taking them with me!  Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to read my blog!  I really appreciate it and love your comments!

Happy Sewing!

17 comments:

  1. Super cute Myra! Your dress looks oh so comfortable. It' looks great in brown. I have this one in my line up and can't wait to get to it. Congrats on your upcoming cruise. I know your wardrobe is gonna be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, just saw your vacation stats! Looks like you have a well rounded plan! Can't wait to see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow super cute...you look so chic in this dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks great on you and just as good with flip flops. Also the perfect garment for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in this dress Myra! The color really suits you and it has some very cool designer details. You are off to a great start with your vacation wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely on you and going to be great for the cruise!

    Carolyn
    Diary of a Sewing Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Myra, that is beautiful on you! It is so perfect for the weather right now. It will definitely be useful on your cruise.
    I went to see Marisu recently......I could have gone crazy, but kept it reasonable. She has this rayon with the most beautiful hand and drape, seriously like no other I've found, and the price is fantastic, just sayin'... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is wonderful! It looks especially great on you! I am your new fan, I love your creations and more times voveré here to browse your projects.
    You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great dress, fits you just fine too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! I know you will have many more fabulous garments for your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have this pattern and am glad to see someone made this version. It looks great!! Thanks for the info on the error in the directions. I'm going to make the correction in mine to reflect in case I do get around to making it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is really pretty and looks great on you! This one should definitely go on the cruise with you. Nothing like cute comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous!!! It looks fantastic on you and it's styled so well (love the accessories and shoes!). Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a winner. Ultra chicy cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow.. so beautiful ! Ps congratulations on having 100Th followers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous. You may have more followers since many people use BlogLovin or the like to follow blogs.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email