Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Vacation Clothes Completed....

This top will definitely be repeated here again in some type of jewel tone for my vacation!!  I really love McCalls pattern 6359 for a vacation top or just an all around casual top for running errands and hanging out!!  It's super easy to make and oh so quick! 
I made View A (the orange one) and no alterations were needed to make this pattern fit, it was perfect straight out of the envelope!  Although, there was one thing kind of "funky" with the instructions, Step 7 has you to sew the straps to the sides of the back.  When I originally did this, I noticed the back would "gape" out from my back and I really didn't like that!!  I took it apart and resewed the straps coming out of the top of the back instead, that worked, it layed flat as it should.  Not sure why they did that because on View B (the print, which looks the same in the back) they don't have you sew the straps that way...who knows!!  

 I used a pastel beige colored Bamboo knit from Fabric Mart.  This is another favorite knit...feels oh so comfortable on!  Washes and drys beautifully too!   This pattern has quite a few sizes...Misses 6 to 14 and Women's 18W to 24W.  I made my usual size 10. 

 This is really my most comfortable top!  I'm so glad I selected this pattern for my vacation and can't wait to make another in a nice rich color!!  It pairs well with leggings and I think it will look nice with shorts too. (I'll just need to make it shorter)


I'm surprised there was only 1 review of it on Pattern Review, because I just can't say enough about this top, I really love it!!   It so very comfortable to wear!

This top was so quick, I was able to get two items done this weekend...I re-made the New Look 6606 top (reviewed here) in a dress version.   It was supposed to be a "maxi" dress but I was bombed out when I realized I didn't have enough fabric!  Oh well, my DH said he likes it better this way anyway, so I'm going with it.  I do like this fabric and purchased it from Fabric Mart.  I know they have more of this fabric (and now on sale!), but didn't want to wait on it!!   The dress did turn out pretty nice and I can definitely see this one on vacation with my straw hat and sandals!!! 

  

I'll be sure to get a snapshot of this one on me during my vacation so you can see the fit.  It is really nice!  Two items done in one weekend...wish I could do that all the time!!!  

Happy Sewing!

13 comments:

  1. Both the top and the dress version of your New Look 6606 are lovely. I have the pattern for McCalls 6359, but did not make it up yet. You should definitely make the New Look pattern again when you have enough fabric to make it a maxi. It will look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tops, Myra, love your necklace, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and cute! Your top looks very comfortable and the blue is a very pretty print. I have never sewn with bamboo knit. How does it differ from other knits besides it may be made of bamboo. ;~) I do have this pattern. I just haven't been able to get to it. I think I may add in one more summer item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myra you are really demolishing that sewing list on your sidebar. What a great plan. Love the top and I really love that pretty dress. You are going to be really sharp on your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vacation wardrobe is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more awesome pieces to add to your wardrobe. The neckline on the New Look is so pretty and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be one stylish vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to be the belle of the ship with all these dynamite outfits! Love the top but really like the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way that top turned out. That is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought this pattern a month ago, yet I still have not made it. I am hoping to get one of the tops in before it gets cold again, as the ones you made are fabulous!! They are another great addition to your vacation wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok. I'm adding that top to my ever growing list of patterns to buy. I can't believe no one is making it ever. Your version looks great and is perfect for vacation. I see a few of these tops in my future.

    Your dress is super cute too. Another perfect garment for vacation. Looking good! Wink, wink.
    C

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email