Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another White Blouse

Sorry it's been so long since my last post!  I've been sewing when I can and have some new "vacation pieces" to show you, but I got side tracked last week at work when I realized I needed a nice white blouse to wear with a suit for a meeting.  The last one I made many months ago would just not work.  I don't know about some of you, but I've find it very hard to justify purchasing some items of clothing because I know how to sew.  I tell myself, "why pay that when you can make it cheaper".  This line of speaking to myself always adds more work to my already overflowing plate, but it almost always turns out correct and I win!  Having something nice and much cheaper!  Not to mention it always feels good because I know I made it too!!

Well it was the same with the new white blouse I needed...I used an old favorite pattern, New Look 6704.


I have to say, you get really nice results with this pattern, but it is definitely not quick to make!  Because of all the detail topstitching, this blouse took me a couple of days to complete.  But it was oh so worth it!  The fit is is great!  I used a very light weight stretch cotton poplin I purchased from Fabric Mart (fast becoming one of my favorite online stores!)  The only change I made was adding smaller than recomended buttons and I re-measured the spacing and like the look!  By the way, Fabric Mart just put this fabric on sale for $1.99 a yard in many colors...of course I purchased a few colors for myself.

If you like this pattern, it's definitely worth your while!  I'll post a photo of me in it with another piece from my vacation wardrobe so you can see the fit. 

Thanks again for reading...I'll be posting again soon and Happy Sewing!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely top Myra! I like the style, not too dressy and not too casual. Looks like you'll get a lot of use out of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great basic shirt, and thanks for the fabric sale tip....I am on my way. I really need to shirts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great white shirt, Myra. I've been looking for a good shirtweight white fabric, so thanks for the tip - I'm on my way to Fabric Mart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blouse, thanks for the Fabric Mart tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, you did a great job with the details...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the nice comment Myra. Some times I so need the encouragement. I love my new dress, but there are several things I would change in hindsight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautifully tailored blouse. You just can't have too many white tops either. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email