Sunday, April 15, 2012

Vogue 8790 Print Top, Self Draft Skirt & Another Fabric Gift!

Vogue 8790...I really like this pattern a lot! It's easy to make, only three pattern pieces and I didn't have to do any alterations to have it turn out this fabulous! Now that's my kind of pattern!  I'm actually thinking of making this one into a dress version too!

What I really like most about this pattern, is the gathering on the side front and the high standing collar...it adds a lot of style to this pattern.  There was one little thing that bothered me a tiny bit...the front overlay gaped a little at the waist (but nothing shows inside because it's a great fit!) it's just more annoying than anything.  However, it's an easy fix for the next one!

I purchased the fabric from Joann fabrics while shopping for zippers, thread and some other notions I needed. It's a very soft ITY knit from the April Johnston (Project Runway) collection and I really liked the print and coloring. It's an cream color with a dark burgundy and plum print.  I definitely want to make this one again and soon!



Love, love, love this outfit!
The skirt...

This is a pattern I drafted a while back and when I made this top, this skirt pattern was the first thing that came to mind as a perfect pair! I did modify the pattern just a bit..the first one had buttons in the back, you can view it here.  For this one, I added an exposed zipper to the back and for a subtle detail, created a front seam, then added a row of top stitching to either side of the seam....


The fabric is a Plum colored Ponte knit from Mood Fabrics. The zipper was purchased from Hancock fabrics. Oh my I love this one so much, I'd really like to have it in Black too! However, like most women,  I already own a few Black skirts...could I possibly have another one??? What the the heck...it's like Black shoes, you can't have too many pairs right!!! LOL!!

On another note, can you believe I received another gift of fabric!!!!  I tell you, I must have been hit by the Fabric Fairies this year!   Remember the young woman I blogged about a couple of posts back who had given me all her fabric?  Well her mother who originally thought she was crazy for doing such a thing decided to do the same and gave me hers as well! 
 

Mom's stash giveaway wasn't as large as daughters' but who cares!  I would have been happy with just one piece!  I never look a "gift horse" in the mouth!!  Also, I have so much fabric now, I had to purchase shelving units to hold it all!  I've never had a stash like this and oh my am I happy everytime I go into my sewing room and see it...

Thank you, thank you ladies for being so generous!  Your fabrics have definintely found a good home and I promise to put it all to great use!!

Thanks again for stopping by and Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email