Saturday, June 23, 2012

Redesigned Burda 7746 RUINED!


I needed a pair of khaki color cotton pants for work.  Nothing special going on, just thought it would be nice to have a pair for casual Fridays.  Khaki is one of those colors that everything seems to go with.  Since I had already used Burda pattern 7746 once with success here, I decided to use it again and restyle it just a bit. 

I basically made the pants per the instructions, because I really liked the pockets.  However, I changed the waistband to be a little more stylish by making it wider.  To do this, I had to reduce the waist of the pants by the extra amount of the waistband.  It worked out perfectly and this was my result...
  
  
 I love these pants!  They were exactly what I was looking for! The color, fit just everything.  This was already my TNT for pants and now I have another version of them too!

I wore these right away and unfortunately you won't get to see me in them because I "ruined" them!  Yes, I spilled something on them and when I tried to get the stain out, it took out the color too!  Can you say A N G R Y!!!!!  Now I'll have to make another pair!  Sorry I didn't let you see them before that happened, I will the next pair. 

Thanks again for stopping by and,

Happy Sewing!

28 comments:

  1. How disappointing. At least you have a good pant pattern, but I'm sure that doesn't lessen the frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes. Once I get over my anger, I'll do it again!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the mishap...maybe you could save them by recoloring them? Just a thought...I'd hate to see your work be wasted...they did look very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! I may give it a try. At this point it sure can't hurt anything, that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. Oh Myra, how sickening after all that work! The pants do look perfect! I hope the next pair come together just as beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon. I will post them when complete.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Aisha - and make a new pair too in another color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not good with dying, but I will definitely give it a try. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Oh noooo, but the good thing is you can make another pair, thats the good thing about sewing for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly am apply about that! Thanks Sheila!

      Delete
  6. Can you dye it in a different color? IT must been very painful to see a fantastic pair of pants ruined!! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to give it a try...I'm not that good at it though.

      Delete
  7. I know how you feel. I made an ivory knit dress and got makeup on it that would not come out. It is SO FRUSTRATING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! Sorry about that! You can relate! The worst thing is all the time lost!

      Delete
  8. Oh Myra, that is terrible! I hope your new pair turn out just as fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I will sure be trying!

      Delete
  9. At least you didn't ruin a pair you have NO chance of replacing. And knowing you, the next pair will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence Laure! I sure hope so!

      Delete
  10. I just found your blog, and you have inspired me to sew more! I moved to Florida about five years ago (Jacksonville) from New England, and have struggled a bit about what to wear and what to sew for this climate. I LOVE your outfits! Thanks so much for the inspiration. I can't wait to get sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Florida!! I've came here in 1997 and never left. It's my home too and I love it!

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear about your pants. Definitely try dying them. Can you embellish them where the spot/stain is to try and save them or cut them into shorts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could, but where the stains ended up, it's too hard to try and use them for anything else. I would definitely have to try and dye them. Thank you for your ideas!

      Delete
  12. Good luck with rescuing these pants - they just look like such a lovely style and fabric, and if they fit you like the earlier pair they must have been great on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! that's too bad. I'd try bleaching and then dying them. anything to save the perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ehould have followed your advice before I trashed them!!! :(

      Delete
  14. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Awwww fooey! Myra that's the worst! So sorry that happened to you. They looked great in the photo. Hope you're able to come up with a solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first pair of pants I actually cried over!!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email