Thursday, July 19, 2012

McCalls 6559, The Maxi

I finally jumped on the band wagon!  Don't know why it took me so long either!  Guest I'm always on that "Slow boat to..." you know the rest!

M6559

I used a fabric I purchased from Joann Fabrics on one of my trips to get some zippers & thread (isn't it funny how you go in the store for one thing and end up leaving with a lot more?!)   It's an ITY knit with lots of stretch.

  

Everyone was correct...this is a great, quick pattern to make (two pattern pieces!) and the dress is sooooo comfy!  I am sure I will be making a few more!  I made the racer back version and opted to create contrasting bias strips in black to cover the neckline and armhole openings.  I wish I had some of that "fold over" elastic I heard bloggers speak of!  Think I need to order some for my next one!  I really like the results!


I really like this dress quite a bit and wish it was just as easy to create the perfect little body to go with it!  All in all, if you're like me and have not jumped on this bandwagon, wait no longer, you'll thank yourself for making it!

  


 HAPPY SEWING!

22 comments:

  1. Pretty maxi and really like the fabric print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra, the maxi looks great on you! This has got to be one of the most popular patterns of the year. FOE would be great for this dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Yes I agree and plan on getting some soon! Thanks for the tip on where to purchase it too!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous rendition of this great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think that pattern looks better in a stripe or flame stitch like yours. You look really great in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! I'm going to try it with something different later.

      Delete
  5. Of course I love yours, your fabric is very similar to mine, I really love the black trim, nice touch. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! Yours fabric is very similar just slightly different colors.

      Delete
  6. Looks fantastic. What a great summer dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic in this dress! What a great pattern, simple to make with stunning results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin! I really do love this pattern too!

      Delete
  8. Very nice! the dress is quite flattering on you and I love the bold graphic pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laure! I really am trying this year to move away from everything being Black in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  9. Looks great! I have that pattern and just ordered the fabric for it. I'll have to get the FOE for it now that you mention it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley Ann! You'll be very pleased!

      Delete
  10. Very cute, it fits like a glove!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your maxi looks wonderful! I have yet to sew a maxi dress either, but I do like effortless style--just throw on and look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic Myra! It fits you perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the maxi that keeps on giving. I haven't jumped on the band wagon yet. But I'm on the way. Lol I love this last photo of the princess as you leave the room.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email