Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday Lace Peplum

I've been wanting a black lace top for quite some time and just never got around to it. Recently, I've been noticing a lot of them around...I guess they are the trend now.  Well I tthink it's about time I jumped on the bandwagon too!  I had purchased this black stretch lace fabric from Mood some time ago when I was thinking about making a top.  It set in my stash for a while because I just couldn't figure out what to make.  Then a design came to me last week!  So off to my pattern stash to find one to help me bring my creation to life.  I found two patterns that would work.  Vogue 8815 and Butterick 4801.

     

I used the majority of  Butterick 4801 to create my design.  I used the peplum from the Vogue pattern and left it open in the front since this top was going to be a button front.   I had worked with both patterns before with success, so using pieces from them this time wasn't a problem, everything went together fine.  This top was truly a "work in progress"!  I literally was coming up with additional ideas as I sewed!  

  

  

I placed a white tank underneath so you all could see the details better

The trim I decided to add because I still felt it needed something when I was done, so I ran over to Joann and picked up a trim  that worked beautifully!  I added this around the collar band and down the right front edge.  I just serged the bottom edge of the top as well as the sleeve hems.  This look was perfect!  The fabric is a stretch lace and I didn't want any "waffle" looking edges!  Then, stepping back to look at it again, I thought...how would a belt or sash impact this look?  Back to the stash and out comes this perfect black satin that was given to me a while back.  I made a sash and now my look is COMPLETE!

  


See how creative we sewers can be when we put our minds to it?!  This top is so nice in my opinion, I wore it to our office Holiday Party this past Friday and everyone loved it!  (Sorry I don't have any photos of me wearing it!). However, lace was the trend for our holiday party...at least 4 ladies were wearing lace outfits!  (Mine being the only "handmade" in the group and of course I was proud!)

Once again, thank you all for your comments!  They're very much appreciated!

HAPPY SEWING!

18 comments:

  1. So very pretty! I love your lace peplum top. The first one I've seen. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Myra! Your top is gorgeous! You are going to have to post some modeled pictures for us, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful top, Myra! I am looking forward to photos of you in your top, that would be such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and festive top. Great job Myra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the lace pattern you chose as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You did a great job. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty, the satin sash put it over the top fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Myra, that is BRILLIANT! Oh my gosh, it is just beautiful! Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myra, this is gorgeous. This award is SO well deserved! I've bestowed a Very Inspriring Blogger/One Lovely Blog award to you! Enjoy! http://myartattack.blogspot.com/2012/12/official-acceptance-speech.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you looked beautiful in this lovely outfit. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unbelievably creative, Myra! It's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate your very kind compliments!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email