Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Look 6123

I've had this pattern in my stash for a little bit now and it wasn't until I saw a few others versions that I decided to go ahead and make it.  New Look 6123 looks like a great dress and I wanted one too since I am trying to increase the almost "non-existant" dress count in my wardrobe!

Photo

This is a really cute one too!  I used a Navy Ponte Roma from my stash, although the pattern does not require knits...I thought I could easily make it work and I did.  It went together well without many issues at all and the couple I did have were definitely "user errors!" LOL!  I didn't add a zipper because I felt I could get my head through the opening without a problem and I was correct.  However, being in such a rush, I forgot to include the pleating on the lower portion of the dress!  (I did include it on the top though!). I just used the incorrect pattern piece for the skirt front.  I can live with it...and therefore call it my "design change"!  Yea right...we all know the truth now, LOL!  The other issue was putting the bottom ruffle on the wrong side (ok another one of my design changes...not really 😏!). 

Despite my little mishaps, I still think it turned out great!...

  

There was a little bit of gaping in the front, however I can't blame it on the pattern because I tried to make the front a little wider for modesty purposes and I believe I added too much!  I can live with that one too!

I will be making this one again and will make sure I follow the well written instructions next time!

  


  

  

Tis is a really great pattern and I am so glad I tried it in a knit!  If you like the style, it is so worth your time!  Just don't do like I did, follow the instructions!

Thanks so much for stopping by and...

HAPPY SEWING!




21 comments:

  1. With your 'changes' the dress has a style of its own, and fits you beautifully - and love how the shoes match...J...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful dress and it fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto....Looking good! Love the color and what a great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great fitting dress and it looks marvelous on you. Love the fabric color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is sharp! It's a perfect color for you and the fit could not be more spot on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Myra, beautiful dress and a perfect fit. You look fabulous! Your design changes really worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute dress, I have my eye on that pattern as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress! Fabulous color and it fits like a glove.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress and also love the shoes.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, and so classy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous on you. I love the flounce.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and the dress look great! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking dress and I can see why blue is your favorite color. It looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Myra! Smart move to sew this in a knit and leave out the zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree, your dress turned out great. The color and fit are very complimentary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look lovely in it. I have this pattern, but have not used it yet. In fact, this will be my first sewing project ever. I noticed you have a mannequin. Do you think I will have equal success in making my dress look professionally made as you have without one? Best, Shana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and absolutely! For years I made my clothing and never had a dress making form! You can use your own body for fit just as well. But if you enjoy to sew, it would be a great investment! Hope that helps!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email