Monday, December 24, 2012

New Look 6150

OMG!  I really can't say enough about New Look's pattern 6150!  I know one thing, I'm really, really  glad I tried it!  


I had this Denim stretch fabric in my stash I purchased sometime ago and can't remember where I bought it!  Sorry everyone!  Learned a lesson here...I'm going to keep "info stickers" on all fabrics until used from this point forward!  I believe the fabric is a combination of rayon polyester and has a very soft hand with a great amount of stretch.  It was a perfect use of this fabric!  The only problem...I wish I had bought enough to make a dress using this pattern!

It went together very well with no issues or alterations!  The instructions are great and it only took a few hours to create this awesome fitting top!  I've already worn it a couple of times at work and was told I should have made it as a dress! (sorry I don't have photos of me, it's currently in the laundry hamper!) I agree but don't remember where I got the darn fabric!  Now I'm on the hunt for this fabric so I can make a denim look dress version!

  


I just love the fit on this top and NO GAPING, no kidding!  I didn't do anything to prevent it from gaping either honest!  I think I want one in white for the summer and one in black for the winter!

It you like this type of style, it definitely worth a try!  It going to be my TNT for wrap tops!

Now on another note, I recently received a The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award from  the lovely ArtAttack, Thank You very much!  I'm extremely happy when I can inspire anyone!  

  

Now there are some rules that go along with my new award, so here goes:

1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees (or a few less if you are short on time)
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
 
Here are 7 things about me some of you may or may not know:

1. 

I owned a Desktop Publishing company and sold it to go back into corporate many years ago.  (Big mistake! But I learned a value able lesson!) 
2.

My husband and I have been happily together for almost 35 years...no kidding, it's really been great years and I'd do it all over again!
3.

My favorite color is blue, but you couldn't tell that by looking in my closet which is predominantly black!  Go figure that one out!
4.

I wish I were much taller...I'm 5'6" but always wanted to be at least 5'11"!  My aunt is that tall and I always admired her height!
5.
I love to cook and eat!  I have to workout because of the first two in order for me to fit through my doors!
6. 

I SERIOUSLY want to retire and make beautiful clothes the rest of my life!  But life won't let that happen...for now anyway!
7.

I am very much shy and an introvert...most people who know me don't even know that!  Surprise, surprise, they do now! 
 
...and now for the really fun part, passing the Paton to a few other lovely bloggers!  I'm running out of time so, Drum roll please:

Andrea from Satin Bird Designs...she is so funny and there's always something great going on in her Blogworld!  Just checkout the beautiful serene Christmas photos (not to mention the great looking cookies) on her current post. 

Toy from Life Happens Be Positive.  I've been following this young lady since I started blogging.  Her clothes are beautifully made and she's always giving us tips on the latest trends and colors.  If you don't know her, you should!

Shannon from MushyWear is pretty popular in Blogland and I believe just about everyone follows her beautiful work and would love to visit her beautiful State! (Hawaii!). 

KMQ from Smoking Needles is a another woman truly dedicated to her sewing craft!  This woman still creates beautiful clothing despite her health challenges and is a real inspiration to us all!  When I get down in the "sewing dumps", I think about how KMQ manages to crank out work while not 100% of herself and then I feel silly!  She truly is an inspiration!

Aminat from SewFit says she is a beginner but truly has found her passion in sewing!  Take a look at her "Iro and Buba" she just made for her niece's wedding!

If I had more time, I'd love to give each and every sewer an award, because you all are inspirations to me!  

I'm praying that you all have a very Merry Christmas and the best 2013 has to offer!


19 comments:

  1. Myra, I always look forward to reading your blog & seeing what you've created. This stretch denims top is really cute, and I agree one in white for summer will be perfect. I am a little envious of the 'no alterations'!

    Thank you for the lovely blog award! Very sweet of you. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous top!
    I love the denim look fabric. It looks very chic.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful top! Is the fabric a knit or a stretch woven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a rayon/poly knit with considerable stretch. Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that info, Myra! I happen to have an almost identical fabric that I bought for jeggings. I might have to get this pattern and make this for (one or both of) my daughters. :)

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love your top. Do you have a Joann Fabrics in your area. I got some soft denim stretch knit from there around the first of the year. I had been gifted some of the same fabric and had used it for leggings which I love and btw an wearing right this minute. Joann's might still have the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye, I will take a look over there! Congratulations on your award!

      Delete
  5. we are on the same page again (what great taste you have :), I just made this pattern as well, 3 versions! love your version and I need to try those sleeves.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I think one in every colour by the look of this denim top! Super sewing, and no gaping - that is extra bonus points in my book ... J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay! So glad you made this top. It is on my list of things to sew also. I would have never thought to use denim stretch for a top, but it looks beautiful. I have very similar fabric in my stash that I got from Gorgeous Fabrics a while back. You are truly an inspiration with your sewing. Thank you for passing the award on to me. I really appreciate it! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh geez. Yet another pattern to add to the list! I love your top. Thanks for sharing photos and comments about the gaping. Like Judith said, that's a bonus in my book too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great top and Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely top and wishing you a Happy Holiday & and a blessed New Year. Congrats on the award and so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful top and Merry Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome top and why had this pattern been sitting on my sewing table for the past 3 weeks. =) Merry Christmas to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and love it. Great new top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stretch denim...LOVE IT! Very cute top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, this top turned out lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Myra, Happy New Year! Your top is aboslutely gorgeous. I never noticed this pattern nor would I have ever given thought to buying this fabric. What an awesome combo. If it was not sleeting right now, I would make a quick trip. lol Beautiful job! BTW, your dress above this post is awesome. Love the blue and the style of that dress.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email