Friday, February 15, 2013

Burda 7742

Here is a quick review of another sweater top for this winter's office wear.   It's a nice little dressy tee.  It was made using pattern Burda 7866...


This pattern happens to be a favorite of mine.  I made it before and you can read that review here...
 
  


I purchased the fabric from Joann and it's a lightweight knit with a very nice stretch.  It also has a little gold sparkle in it.  Here's a close up of the fabric, hope you can see it...


This is really more like a dressy tee, but so very comfortable!  I would really like to make a couple more like this.  You could wear it with jeans, skirts or slacks.  A great addition to my wardrobe!...

  
Wow!  Looks like my recent vacation added some extra "unwanted" pounds!

Another nice top for winter or summer!  More to come!  Thanks again for stopping by and;

HAPPY SEWING!

26 comments:

  1. Super cute top Lady!!! I was trying to find some good tops to make to wear with my recently sewn leggings. Tsk, Tsk---I don't know what "unwanted lbs'" you're talking about. I must be hiding in the right places. You look fabulous as always (wink)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! (and you're to kind but I know I've gained at least 15 lbs and this top show every bit of it unfortunately)

      Delete
  2. Myra, lovely top, your first one is made from really fabulous fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks pulled together but still comfortable. And your fabric choice looks great too. It looks so good, I was amazed you found it at JoAnne's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin and it amazed me too when I saw it at JoAnn's!

      Delete
  4. It is a very pretty top. You look great in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks comfortable, all your sweaters look rtw, you always get good fabrics to work with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toy but it's not always the case...I've really had my share of bad picks too!

      Delete
  6. That is lovely. It looks really nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new top looks comfy and versatile. Love the pendant with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JuliN! That was a.cheapy at New York & Company.

      Delete
  8. I love your new top Myra. It looks great on you. I think I bought it long ago, but of course it's gotten lost in the stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye and yea this is an "oldie but goodie"!

      Delete
  9. Very cute top! You look good in it!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your top is very cute, and you look great in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I can see why this top is a favorite!! I love the classic color, and simple styling, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute top. I love the fabric. The sleve hems and bottom hem look so perfect- did you use a coverstitch on them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I wish! I don' own a cover stitch machine. I used my serger and a double needle on my regular machine.

      Delete
  13. How did I miss that lovely blouse.. I really like the style line of it.

    Also, Congratulations on being featured on patternReview. You did a superb job with Vogue 8747.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Myra, I loved this little top on you. It'w beautifully made - is this your Fearless February challenge? I joined, and learnt a lot, but I'm not sure I have been as successful as you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....