Monday, February 11, 2013

Some Winter Tops

Hello everyone...it been a busy start to 2013!  I have been sewing just trying to find time to post them!  Below are two sweaters I completed.  Both were very fast and easy to make..  I used the same process I did to make my "peplum" dress here.  I really like using this no pattern process because it's so quick and easy to do and is relatively inexpensive too...I only need one yard of fabric! (Using a knit at approx 58-60" wide).  

The fabric for these tops were purchased at Joann Fabrics.  They're perfect tops for the office because the fabric is a lightweight acrylic knit.  It's has a nice stretch and drape perfect for this design!   I was shopping for notions when I saw this first fabric and made this beautiful white top...

  

Because it is so sheer, I will be wearing tank top with it,  I'm a little to mature to be exposing the girls!  This would not be that kind of party!   I had a little extra fabric, so I made this cute scarf to match the sweater, this was a really nice "winter" effect!   But I could also wear a pretty 'chunky" necklace too, as long as it was smooth so it wouldn't snag my sweater.  My sweater turned out so good, I made one in black too!   The fabric is very delicate though...it's one of those that if you're not careful, you will snag it, which would destroy the sweater!  I received many compliments on these creations and I love both versions too! 

Here's a photo of the black one...

 
(I will be wearing this one with a black tee)

What do you think?  I must say, I love being able to create my own designs and want to do more of it this year.  If there is anything you see on my blog that you want me to do a tutorial on, please let me know and I will post it for you.  Because I am a novice with draping and design creation, I assure you they will all be very easy!  (Project Runaway simplified!). 

...and here's a photo of me wearing one of them.  

  

Until next time...I have a few other tops coming up, so stay tuned!  Thank you all so much for reading my posts and hanging in there with me!  (I know I have not been consistent with my posting...shame on me!) 

HAPPY SEWING!



27 comments:

  1. Those are so chic and stylish. You look very nice in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tops are gorgeous! I love the fabrics, I will look for them at my JoAnn's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and good luck getting your fabric!

      Delete
  3. The tops are so pretty and dainty. Great look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful! Love the fabric and love them on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myra, beautiful tops! You look gorgeous in the white top, and I love it paired with the skinny pants. We have got to get together soon, ok? Trying to knock out some curtains so I can get back to the fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Lets try to get together Monday if that works for your schedule.

      Delete
  6. So pretty, I love the white one, you will have these for many years to come

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Toy! I do prefer the white one too! I call it my "Snow Bunny" too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both. Just what I need, a qucik and easy project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! Hope to see yours soon!

      Delete
  9. I love them both! This is a very flattering shape on you. You look great in this top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tops look great. I wish I found that fabric at my Joann's. Sometimes it is hit or miss. The fabric and style lend itself to be dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dharma! Yes it does and I should have shown both dress up and casual!

      Delete
  11. Looking good lady. These are great. Your 2013 sounds a lot like mine. Busy, but still able to get some sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cennetta! Yea you're so right...and hope it continues that way so that life doesn't get in the way of sewing!

      Delete
  12. Those tops are so nice! I love the addition of the little scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! That wasn't planned and I am so happy it worked out like that too!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like this style al lot!

      Delete
  14. I really like these... Lovely wardrobe builders x

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email