Thursday, April 4, 2013

New Look 0183

Call me "crazy", but I joined Faye's top challenge!  I know, I know, I barely have time to do anything right now, but a girl's gotta sew anyway right?  So why not join a challenge I asked myself.

Enter Faye's Sewing Adventure 2013 Essential Top Sew-A-Along!  It ran for a couple of weeks and was scheduled to end this Sunday but has been extended to Wednesday, April 10th...thanks Faye for the extra time!  


I didn't set a quota because I didn't want the stress and definitely didn't want to disappoint myself by not completing a "self-induced" quota!  With that said, this is my first completed project for the challenge.  It's New Look 0183.
I've had this pattern in my stash for a little while and really don't know why I didn't sew it before now!  It was truly an easy sew, not very quick, but easy.  The instructions were super easy to follow and well illustrated too.  This was supposed to be my muslin because I used an inherited lavender and white polka dot polyester fabric from my stash.  It's very lightweight but not something I would normally use for tops like this (polyester fabric tends to make me perspire...yep I said it! 😓). However, this turned out so nice, it's going in my closet rotation!

I only made one alteration, it was a cheating way of me doing a "full bust" (and tummy for pete's sake!) adjustment.  I made a size 12 but graded out to a size 14 for the side seams.  I also added an invisible zipper rather than the lapped one instructed by the directions.  I am definitely remaking this one and would love to have the exact look (colors and all) the model is wearing!  I know I won't get that done in time for this challenge, but it will be in my summer sewing lineup!  Taupe pants...every woman needs a pair, wouldn't you say!

What do you all think?....

  

Please disregard my basting stitches above...need to remove them!

I can't wait to wear this one and make another in a beautiful silk too!  I just love it!

I am finishing up another top for posting soon...check back when you have a moment and thanks for stopping by!  😊

19 comments:

  1. Again, thank you so much for taking part in the SAL Myra. Your new peplum is toooo cute. If I can tear myself away from the V8815 one I think I'd like to make this pattern too. I've got to back up and try New Look 6150 again. My first one didn't work out too well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Faye and thank you for the challenge!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I'm going to have to buy this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy! Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  3. it's look great..i'm still waiting for this pattern
    coming to my door..he..he

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty top, Myra. I bet you look stunning in that color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top is really cute and I know it will look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a lovely top, the sewn in belt/waist makes it I think

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this peplum top. I don't think I have seen this pattern. Love your fabric; it just says spring/summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! The gathers? at the waist just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the top.. and love the polka dots..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I´m discovering so many great blogs through Faye´s sew-a-long! Your top is gorgeous! That shade of blue and the white dots are just lovely and I think you used the right pattern for it! I wish I could rock peplums!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I just made this! It's a really easy pattern and I didn't do a FBA like I normally do and it is not too tight in the bust. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a CUTE top! I like it! Honesly speaking, I could have written the first part of this post - I can so relate to the time factor. My quota is one...if I can make just one. Nice work on your top. I'm sure you'll wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just looked at this pattern yesterday. Love your fabric. Great look. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this, Myra - the style, color....... the whole package! and the Top Sew-A-Long looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty top and just purchased that pattern.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....