Thursday, May 30, 2013

A New Tank Top

I was perusing the fabric store during the Memorial weekend and found this pattern in the racks where they have most of the See N Sew patterns when I came across this one, New Look 0138...


I was captivated by all three of the top views, so I bought the pattern.  Like a good little Pattern Review member, I went online to see if others had reviewed it and could not find the pattern!  However, I did find it under another number...how weird is that!  It was listed on Pattern Review as New Look 6108!  See the snapshot from Pattern Review...


Same pattern, different number.  Does anyone out there know why that is??  Anyway, I just really like this pattern!  I can't wait to make many more of the version I made which was View A (the green print one).  This pattern sews up in a jiffy, the only alteraation I made was to sew up the keyhole in the front an extra inch (modesty purposes only).  I used a ITY knit I purchased from Michaell LeVine and it may be familiar to you because I purchased another color scheme of the same fabric to make the dress I posted here.  

This is definitely going to be a TNT pattern for me (even before I've made the other versions!)  The fit is perfect!  The only thing I don't like about this top is the thread I selected for this fabric because it shows a little funky to me.  Maybe I should have selected a lighter color of thread.  Oh well, can't cry over spilled milk!

  

This is such a comfortable and sexy tank...I can't wait to make a few more!
  
  


I am wearing it with a pointe skirt I made a while back. This is a really very nice pattern, so if you like the style, it is soooo worth your time!  I'm off to the next project, thanks so much or stopping by!

Happy Sewing!!





34 comments:

  1. The top is gorgeous! Glad I already have the pattern - I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye, I hope you do...it's a great one!

      Delete
  2. This is such a sharp looking top. Nice pattern spotting on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this top on you. Now I'm going to have to look for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sexy is right, Ms. Myra! Love the print and style on you. Kind of hard to decide which color thread to use on a multicolored fabric like that. I wouldn't sweat it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! I love this tank so much, the thread issue is a distant memory!

      Delete
  5. It's Lovely! Totally Can See Why It Should Be One of Your Tnt Patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Far! Did you get your pattern I shipped to you?

      Delete
    2. Hi Myra! Got It Yesterday In The Mail!! My Head Is Spinning Imagining The Possibilities... :) Thank You Again For The Pattern, Nd Thanks To Your Friend Too!

      Delete
  6. So pretty! and sexy :-) looks great with your ponte skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love that skirt too!

      Delete
  7. This is one fabulous top- you look like a million bucks in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha, Thank you and I wish I had a million bucks!!

      Delete
  8. I used this pattern last night, I agree, its a must have pattern and quick sew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see yours! Are you going to post it?

      Delete
  9. Beautiful top and you used the perfect print. I have that pattern and after your review & Pics... must move it up the to sew list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it will be beautiful on you!

      Delete
  10. I like how it chevrons in the front, and the colors look real nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, the chevron was totally by accident and was by no means intentional! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a simple pattern, but it really fits you perfectly! I can see how it be a TNT for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Myra, you rock this tank so well. You look so fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fit. Very nice top!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that pattern so I know it is a winner but your choice of fabric is fantastic. Very flattering on you. Re different pattern numbers, I have encountered that here in Australia. Patterns are often released (or re-released) with different numbers and even different photos on the front of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh, Myra, I like that stunning top on you and so fab and fun for the summer!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email