Sunday, May 5, 2013

Burda 7082

For all of you dress lovers, this little number is easy to make., it's Burda 7082...

  

As I've mentioned before, I have not be a fan of dresses in the past because of the way some look on my body type.  However, lately I've been trying to incorporate a few into my wardrobe.  This one was easy to sew up and fit without any alterations!  Really! and no "Gaposis" either! (that's a first for me with wrap style dresses!).  It has an invisible zipper in the side seam and I did install it for ease in getting the dress on and off.  However, if your fabric has enough stretch, you may be able to eliminate the zipper.  I made my version sleeveless and really like the look of it...

    
I'm still working on my invisible zipper installation...getting better but still needs work!


I purchased the fabric from Michael Levine's Fabrics and LOVE IT!  It's an ITY knit with a very, very nice drape and soft hand!  Extremely nice to work with.  Actually, I just purchased some more of it in a Navy and Coral color scheme.  I made the dress a lttle longer than the version the model is wearing on the envelope, mine is a little below the knees.  I would like to make this dress again in a solid color so you can easily see the details at the waistline.  Sorry, I don't have any photos of me in it yet...I will post some later along with those Ponte Pants I promised you earlier.  

Over all, I really like this dress very much and can't wait to wear it!

Thanks again for taking the time to read my posts, I truly appreciate it!

HAPPY SEWING!

35 comments:

  1. I love dresses. Your dress is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! Love the twist detail and love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Myra - another time when we think alike :) I just bought that pattern recently...and I never make Burdas but this one called out to me. Glad to see it looking so good. and very nice fabric choice. I think you will wear a lot this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth, and I sure hope so!

      Delete
  4. Oh Myra the dress is gorgeous. The fabric is a "I gotta have"! Where in the world did you get it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye! I ordered it from Michael Levine's. I just ordered some more in a Navy and Coral color scheme too!

      Delete
  5. Never mind, I just read the fabric source in your post. I was so excited about the fabric that I missed it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are just mesmerizing!I cannot wait to see you wearing this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress. I love the fabric...I must take myself on over the Michael Levine's website and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope they have some left!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous fabric, Myra! I've never shopped from that website but I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I really like there prices, selections and they have fast shipping too!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful dress, Myra! I'm so glad to know easy Burdas exist. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this dress! The style, the fabric!!! This will certainly make you a "believer" of dresses if you're not already! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am absolutely a believer now!

      Delete
  11. Myra, this is a beautiful dress. I love, love, love the fabric. It is perfect for this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Myra, this dress is wonderful and you made it so well. I have never made a Burda pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should give them a try with something simple first.

      Delete
  13. This is sooooo pretty! I love your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors and fit on this dress. I'm sure it will be stunning on! Also, I have nominated you for a versatile blogger award. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I will stop be to read my award!

      Delete
  15. The fabric you chose looks wonderful with the dress pattern. I can understand why you bought some more in another color way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I can't wait to get the other color too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous dress. And that fabric.....STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email