Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mother's Day Frock

Happy Mother's Day to all you mother's out there!  I truly hope you're enjoying your day!  This is going to be a quick post to show you a remake of a TNT wrap top pattern I already made a couple of times.  One of them you can see here.

I wanted something nice to wear on my outing today that would be quick to do.  So last night, I grabbed my best wrap top pattern, Simplicity 1916.


I self-drafted a elastic waist pencil shirt and grabbed some teal colored Ponte Fabric from my stash and put this little number together....

 

Sorry folks I just have to say it again, I LOVE KNITS!  They're so easy to work with and always so comfortable too!  This outfit turned out perfect for just a few hours of sewing!  I love the fit and the look, this was just what I wanted for a Mother's Day outing!


I really love how it turned out and can't wait to start my Mother's Day, the only thing I will be missing are my beautiful children and wish I could be with them (and my grandchildren) today!  

I hope you're all enjoying your day and spending quality time with your families!  BTW, did any of you make your Mother's Day outfits too?   Do tell, I'd like to see!

Also, as promised, here's a picture of me in the print dress I made last post taken just for you all...

  

Thanks again for stopping by and HAPPY SEWING!

23 comments:

  1. I had to drop by to tell you how I love this look! I have that pattern...
    Great job on all you sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Especially love the print dress - the line drawing doesn't look nearly as sexy as yours does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes we can't really tell until someone else makes it.

      Delete
  3. You look fabulous in both of the outfits! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I can determine which is my favorite lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty in both! I just love that shade of blue on you. I made a top to go with my maxi skirt for Mom's day dinner, but didn't wear it! Our A/C went out and the top is ITY knit. I went for a more breathable rayon knit top instead. Hope you had a wonderful day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, A/C going out is never good! Thank goodness it's not mid July or August!
      I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day dinner and see you Thursday!

      Delete
  6. Both outfits are so beautiful Myra. You know I share your love of knits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day! I love both dresses! That blue knit is sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That one is my favorite of the two!

      Delete
  8. I love both dress, these are my type of dresses, slim and sexy, lol.
    I hope you had a great mother's day even though your kids were with their own families, I'm sure you were well thought about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toy, I hope they were thinking of me! LOL!

      Delete
  9. I love them both. Happy Belated Mothers Day Dear. You looked marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful in your new Mother's Day dress! The fit is perfect and the color is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dresses and love the style lines of them which is so figure flattering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanks Sheila! I love these types of dresses!

      Delete
  12. Happy belated Mother's Day! I love both of your outfits. You look great Myra!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email