Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Can I Make That?

I saw this top in a catalog and thought, I wonder if I could create something like that for myself....

  
It seems everything I like is very creative in nature and this little top was no exception.  I love some of these twist type tops, they are so feminine looking.  This one sparked my creative juices and started them flowing again.  So I pulled out two patterns to create mine and my guess is there's probably a pattern already created for this top out there somewhere too!  Oh well, I need  the "self-drafting" experience anyway!  Here are the two patterns are used....Burda 7082 and Jalie 3245.

  Raglan Tee, Racerback Tank and Tunics

I used the pattern piece for the twist from the Burda pattern and the entire tee shirt pattern from the Jalie (the green & white one).   I had to widen the tie piece some at the side seams to accommodate the width above and below the waist line.  It was a little tricky with the pattern piece I used!  But it worked out in the end. (At least I think so!)

  
Sorry I don't have any photos of me in it, but it definitely "fits like a glove"!  I love it and now I have a pattern too!  However, I have to tell you all a funny story...right after I completed this top, the inspiration top went on sale for $24!  Now I really couldn't make this top for that cheap, but oh well, the best part is I can make it in any color, print or fabric of my choosing and not be stuck with their options!  Yea Me!

I have another post coming right behind this one I am excited to post about too, so stay tuned!  

Hope you all are having a great time sewing too and thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog!

Happy Sewing!





26 comments:

  1. It is very pretty! And you're right - you don't have to be beholden to the colors or prints chosen FOR you! Gotta love it! :)

    I'm sure it fits you FABULOUSLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever?! Love the top! Very sexy! And it looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is very comfortable too!

      Delete
  3. Pretty top, Myra, I bet you look great in it! It is a clever design. And the best part is like you said, you can have your own choice of color, print, etc. A long sleeved version might be nice for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pretty top and I don't think it matters if you could have bought it for $24 - you learned something new and you got a new pattern that can be used again and again. I'm seeing a win-win here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great knock off and, as you say, you can now own several in different colors and prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am really happy about that! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. you did a great job, great combo, it turned out really well

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, very clever of you. those twist front tops are so flattering. I am sure you will make again (for less than the sale price :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Myra, this top is gorgeous! Nice work. And you're right, now you can do it in any color or print or fabric. And I'm sure your finishing is much better than the rtw. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco, that's just it...when you see some of the finishes (or unfinished), you want to make it yourself! Thank you!

      Delete
  9. You nailed it! The top is gorgeous and you made it just the way you wanted - with shirt sleeves. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous top and you did an awesome job interpreting the inspiration pic.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email