Sunday, October 13, 2013

McCalls 6243...A Quick Review and FREE PATTERN!



McCalls 6243, what a great pattern! I've had this pattern in my stash for quite some time and it wasn't until I decided to make another "color-blocked dress that I realized my mistake! I had purchased the wrong size pattern! I searched several different fabric stores before I finally found one pattern remaining in my size! I didn't want to be unnecessarily resizing a pattern if I didn't have to. Thank God for that last pattern!  My mistake is your gain...if you want my extra pattern (size 14-16-18) please tell me so in the comments section.  If there are multiple requests, I will have a drawing for it.  I have to tell you, this pattern is very easy, quick and so much fun to put together! Deciding on my color schemes, moving them around etc., was exciting my creative muse, whom now I've deemed as "Sally" (which also happens to be my nickname!).  Needless to say, this dress is definitely being made again...



I inserted an invisible zipper in the back and the only alteration I did was to make the front Black section a little longer than the actual pattern piece.  This was done because I wanted the bottom front to end with the Teal color and only had a small piece of Teal remaining.  I extended the Black section because I had more of that fabric and it worked out ok I think.

My fabrics were all Ponte Knit purchased from Michael Levine's in colors...Teal, Dark Grey and Black.  Here's a "no makeup on face" picture of me!...



I LOVE IT!  Again, I must say I truly loved working on this project and can't wait to start the next dress!  If you haven't tried this pattern yet I HIGHLY recommend it!  Thanks for stopping by!

HAPPY SEWING!





35 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this on you! I would love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress! I have the pattern I think ... but thanks for offering it up. Share the joy and all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a winner Myra. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this pattern. Excellent choice of colors for the blocking. Trade your pattern for a McCalls 6747 in either XSM-SML-MED or LG-XLG-XXL, your choice. BTW, I am in Clearwater and we should get together somewhere in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! Unfortunately I already have McCalls 6747 but that was sweet to offer! I can add you to the drawing if you like.

      How long will you be in Florida? I actually live just north of Clearwater.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful dress Myra..I have this pattern but I must say your version makes the pattern look oh so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress.. fits you devinely. I agree a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I am still looking for that good wrap dress for myself too! (wink, wink)

      Delete
  7. Perfect glove fit on you! Pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking dress and you look fantastic in it! I'd love the pattern, but I can't commit to sewing it up quickly, as I'm caring for my mom right now and sewing time is limited. Your version is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No need to sew it up fast, it would be you own pattern to do what you want with. I can add you to the drawing it you like.

      Delete
  9. What a cute little dress. It fits perfect. I really like what you did with the color arrangement! I've got to get me some Ponte! You look FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should! I love Ponte knits, they are soooo comfortable!

      Delete
  10. Hey Myra, I love your color blocked version of this dress. I have to say reading this post gave me a feeling of deja vu. Check out this post. http://sewmuchtodosewlittletime-sewtellme.blogspot.com/2011/02/bad-for-me-but-great-for-you-or-mccalls.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! Sorry I missed that post! But happy I am in "good company" and not the only person who's made that mistake!

      Delete
  11. Add me to the list of folks that want the pattern please. Your version has inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. You did a fabulous job. I have this in my stash and have made it once. Might be time to try it again. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I know this dress would look "extra-fabulous" on you!

      Delete
  13. Great job--I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, Myra! The colors are great, the fit is perfect. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email