Thursday, November 28, 2013

McCalls 6752 & Vacation (photo heavy)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving!  

The hubby and I have been on a little hiatus in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. We're just getting back and I must admit it's very nice to be home! Don't get me wrong, we love our vacations, but there is no place like home!  I won't bore you with a ton photos, but at the end of this post, I'd like to show you a few shots of the beautiful resort where we stayed. It was called the Hacienda Encantada and let me tell you, it truly lived up to the name's meaning..."Enchanted Estate"!

Before I left for vacation, I made a quick dress to take along for the trip. Let me tell you, "quick" is an understatement! McCalls 6752 is super quick and easy! I made a top from this pattern earlier this year, View C (the purple top). This time I made View D! The dress.



I used fabric from my stash, I believe I got it from Michael Levine's a while back. A multi-colored Rayon Lycra knit?...yellow, powder blue, brown and white. It was a perfect match for this pattern. I made a size 10 without any alterations. However, next time I will alter the bodice and make it a smaller size. I ended up "fussing" with the bodice the entire time I was wearing it during my vacation because of the "drape-osis"! It looked good, I just didn't want my girls hanging out if you know what I mean. That's ok, I'll fix it next time and I will be making this again soon!


Sorry about the bad lighting everyone, I was in a hurry to get the shots before leaving.



I really, really enjoyed wearing this dress! It was extremely comfortable even with the front draping periodically! We took a dinner cruise to see what's called "The Arches" (I'll include a photo below), where there was LOT'S of dancing and it was still very comfortable! I love this dress!
All of you sewers will notice that I turned the fabric horizontally for the skirt...that was definitely intentional. As you know, Rayon Lycra knit has a two-way stretch, so it was not a problem. I really like how it turned out too! Thanks for stopping by and again, Happy Thanksgiving! 

(If you're interested, below I have some photos of the resort and the rock formation we saw referred to as "The Arches")




This was a shot my hubby took of a pool at the resort at night. Pretty good for a iPhone photo from a balcony!


Dinner cruise to see "The Arches".


These are the friends we met in Mexico. (Thank you for a wonderful time!)

We saw this beautiful sunset from our balcony for 8 days straight! You can say it was HARD to go back to work!







12 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Lady!!!! What a lovely dress and marvelous vacay. Glad you two enjoyed yourselves;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Victoria! Your version of this pattern was a huge inspiration because it was very pretty!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place. So glad you had a great time, I love that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye! This is going to be one of my favorite dress patterns!

      Delete
  3. Your dress is gorgeous, very flattering fit on you as well. Love the photos of the resort and the arches; looks like a great place to vacation. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I do love this dress and my vacation was very nice and relaxing!

      Delete
  4. Myra, what a treat to spend time together in this beautiful resort. Love the dress and the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phyllis! We can't wait to meet you and Doug again at your beautiful paradise!

      Delete
  5. You made a nice dress! It was perfect for your vacation time in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a beautiful vacation, Myra, and I LOVE your dress! Love how you turned the stripes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Now we need to work on getting together!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email