Saturday, January 11, 2014

Burda 7828 A Quick Post

Hello again everyone! This is going to be a quick post about the other top I made during the Christmas holiday I promised to show you. I first saw this fabric on Mimi G's website in a beautiful dress she made. You can see it here. OMG! I so wanted a dress like this one! So I quickly headed over to Michael Levine's to get some of this Gorgeous fabric only to find out they had "one yard left"! ONE YARD, say it ain't so! Well I took it...something was better than nothing, right? Now at this point, I knew I was not going to have that same beautiful Mimi wrap dress. :( But maybe, just maybe, I would have enough for a wrap top! Well a pattern already in my stash made my wish come true! Burda 7838!  



Using some black Ponte fabric also from my stash for the sleeves, my new wrap top is now a reality...


I love it! I wore it to work already and sorry I didn't get a photo of me in it, but it truly was a hit at work! (Thanks Mimi!). I wore it with a black pencil skirt and I have to say, it was one of my favorite outfits!

These last three tops have really put my sewing mojo in "hyper-speed"! So I'm off to the sewing room to work on some much needed wanted items!

Thanks again for stopping by everyone! I really appreciate all your wonderful comments!

28 comments:

  1. Cute top!!! I love it as much as Mimi's dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo pretty! That fabric is divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really do like this fabric too and happy I was able to get my hands on some!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!! I like the black sleeves for contrast. I bet you looked great in this#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! I really loved Mimi's version too!

      Delete
  4. Love it, Myra, very pretty top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! This challenge and the fact that I need new clothes is going to keep me busy this year. While you're going to be on a clothes shopping spree! (I'm envious!)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful top! I love that particular color of blue. Isn't that one of the Pantone colors for 2014, or very similar at least? You make lovely garments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think it's one of the Pantone colors but it is very similar to one.

      Delete
  6. Love the graphic print and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's what I fell in love with when I first saw it too!

      Delete
  7. That is so cute - and that's a great fabric. Lucky you to snag the last yard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I was VERY lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I love this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, nothing like a nice wrap top. I need a couple of these in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This top is a killer and the color is beautiful! I'm sure it will look very nice on you ☺

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email