Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year and Year End Sewing

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful and blessed holiday season!
It has definitely been a very good year, but as we know all good things MUST come to an end! Out with the old and in with the new! I actually ended my year with some sewing this week! I completed three (yep I said three!) tops this week! Two of them were made from the same pattern because I liked it so much.  

I'll post one a little later, but first up is McCalls 6841...
Three
This little number made me do a double take! It was Toy from "Life Happens Be Positive" who made a version of this pattern I fell in love with! She looked so chic in her version, I ran out that very next day and bought the pattern! Lucky for me I wasn't on the late show in getting this pattern, they had plenty of them in stock! This was a very easy one to sew and extremely quick. I unfortunately don't remember how long because I didn't pay attention to the time, but I know it wasn't more than a few hours. (There are only two pattern pieces!) The sizes ranged from XS to XXL, I made a size small and the only alteration I made was for modesty purposes. (I raised the v-neck by 1-1/2"). The fabric is a sueded stretch knit I purchased from Michael Levine's Fabrics a while back in a dark Taupe color. Perfect for this pattern...

     
 

The fabric is really, really silky soft, with a truly sueded look and feel!
     
   
 

I liked this pattern so much that I re-made it immediately from a fabric I had in my stash already! I believe I purchased it from Hancock Fabric and it makes this top a little more dressy because it has silver glitter all over it. It's a rayon/polyester mix that's very soft to touch as well...
        
 
     
...and I barely had enough fabric to complete it! I had to piece the back together to make it work, that's really how bad I wanted it, LOL!
      
 

I see one more in my future too, I have to have this one in black as well!


 
 
 
 


By the way...I joined Sarah from Goodbye Valentino in her RTW (Ready To Wear) fast for this year! I figured since I make almost everything I wear already, this would be a great challenge for me! So look forward to a lot more coming from my sewing room because my current wardrobe needs some serious updating! If you would like to see the more than 200+ individuals who also decided to join the fast for 2014, click the link challenge icon below...
     
2014 Goodbye Valentino Ready To Wear Fast
   
     

I think this is going to be a really fun challenge and I'm so excited about getting started! Thanks for stopping by everyone and I hope you all enjoyed your time with friends and family during the holidays!



37 comments:

  1. Both of these tops are beautiful! I admired Toy's as well - I think I need to get this pattern soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! You should, it's really easy and very stylish on.

      Delete
  2. Love it!! I missed it in the pattern sale and we're burried in snow! I'll get it when Hancock has its sale! Yours is to die for and I loved Toy's as well!! I joined the challenge too! I hope it wakes up my blog mojo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Sorry about the weather and wish I could send you some Florida sunshine! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Love this top on you!!!! So gorgeous! Have fun with your RTW fast. Can't wait to see what you sew up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! I'll be watching you for inspiration too!

      Delete
  4. Excellent! You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is FABULOUS! I've got one cut out of some beautiful rose pink silk knit; a beautiful hand, very soft and drapey, but not sure how it's going to wash up. If it works out, I have a shopping trip planned for Wednesday/Thursday for another one or two. I love draped garments, even on my big body. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so funny! Thanks so much for your kind comments I cannot wait to see yours.

      Delete
  6. Okay, so I am off to pick up this pattern, you look fierce!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Candice! I really do like it and think you would look great in it too! I hope you do get the pattern and give it a try, thanks again!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! Love them both. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I'm excited about our lunch tomorrow!

      Delete
  8. Looks luxurious and comfy! Enjoy all your sewing this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! It's going to be a busy year!

      Delete
  9. The tops look so comfortable and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your top looks beautiful!! The sueded knit one looks like it would be just as nice, too. I will have to look into this one for future sewing. I like the fact that there are not many pattern pieces : ) Btw, I am so glad you joined the RTW fast! You already sew a lot of amazing things, I am excited to see the things you choose for this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vanessa! I really appreciate your kind comments. I'm glad I joined the challenge as well, it's a great one to participate in! The challenge will also help me keep my blog current, LOL!

      Delete
  11. Myra both of your tops are nice, but the white one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Faye! I really like the white one too, it's really festive and it just is so stylish!

      Delete
  12. Great looking tops and you wear it well! Love that sueded knit fabric, need to check out Michael Levine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Let me know if you need help finding the fabric on Michael Levine's website

      Delete
  13. Your tops will be favorites in your wardrobe! They are beautiful and so stylish! Can't wait to see all your creations in the RTW. What a wonderful challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really do like this pattern a lot and will make another one. Also I am so looking forward to this challenge I think it's a great one to participate in

      Delete
  14. I saw this top on Toy's blog and did the same thing! It's on my short list to sew. Your tops are fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're very welcome!

      Delete
  15. that looks great on you and the white fabric is so pretty. I would never have taken a 2nd look at this pattern but now I see the possibilities. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! And happy new year to you as well!

      Delete
  16. I think I would have dismissed this pattern as having just too much drape, but seeing it on you makes me see how elegant it can be. Looking cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete
  17. Myra, your white version is stunning. Just stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Toy, you were the inspiration for those tops!

      Delete
  18. Love these. Both versions are very nice and each type of fabric has its own flair. I have this pattern but haven't tackled it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are gorgeous tops! I've just bought this pattern myself :)x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it and it looks great on you. Now I have to make one!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....