Sunday, February 16, 2014

Butterick 5954 a Remake

Since this is "Fearless February sewing, I could not let the fact I don't like alterations keep me from having a nice top! So i put my "Big Girl Panties" on and I took it all apart and re sized the front of this top until it fit enough where I liked it. It turned out pretty good I might add! I kept the back, collar and sleeves which were all cut a size 10. However, I needed to cut the front pieces a size 12 to accommodate "the girls". This worked like a charm as a cheating FBA! I also had to remove about a 2" wedge from each side seam to reduce some of the fullness of the top....
 

 

   
 
All of the changes worked like a charm for creating a great top! One I could now wear and be proud of making the perfect alterations! Thank you "Fearless February" sewing challenge for giving the courage to fix this rather than toss it in the "Wadder" pile!!

 

      
 
 
Before
      
After
  Before
      
After

This may change my thoughts about the "wadder" pile in the future! Also, a well fitting garment always makes you look better and in my case here, slimmer too! There may be some hope for those unwanted items!!

Thanks again for stopping by, I truly appreciate all of your wonderful comments!

HAPPY SEWING!

39 comments:

  1. You did a great job! The after top is a vey nice fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra your top looks great! Your changes made the fit perfect. Nice recovery! Thanks for being a part of the sew along and for inspiring others!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! It was your sewing challenge that actually inspired me to take hold of my alteration skills and make this top perfect! Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. You top looks great, I am glad that you were able to make the changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! I am happy I was able to do it too!

      Delete
  4. You're changes have made this look really 'sharp'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. Wow! That is so great and inspirational. I did not think it looked bad before, but your changes have turned it into a super-flattering top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela! I really like well fitting garments in this turned out to be a good one so much so I will probably make this top again thank you!

      Delete
  6. The fine tuning you did for this top made such a huge difference! You took it from wadder to wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I really like it too!

      Delete
  7. What a great save. Taking the top apart and making the adjustments made a huge difference. Very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This just goes to show you sometimes it's worth it to take a little extra time it takes make something just right!

      Delete
  8. Amazing what a "few" changes made! The remade top looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for sticking with this and turning this into a very flattering and elegant piece of clothing. Good fit does make such a difference! I always enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Puttin' on those "Big Girl Panties" makes a "Big" difference! Your work and patience paid off nicely. Love the before and after shots evidencing the transformation! I don't blame you...such a cute top and you saved it! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! Those "Big Girl Panties" work every time, don't they!

      Delete
  11. Your alterations make the top look beautiful and chic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, Myra! It looks so much better on you. Loving those shoes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea I really appreciate it! These are my favorite shoes too, most comfortable and had them for a long time!

      Delete
  13. Myra, this is sooooo great! I have bypassed this pattern several times.... I just wrote it down for my next trip to pick up patterns. I love that you styled it with the leggings. It looks beautiful. I also appreciate that you shared the alterations. That helps me a lot as I look forward to making it. Vita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! An amazing transformation. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The alteration was perfect, and it looks very good on you. You really did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your alterations and the finished top. I'm looking at making this for my sister, who is also rather well-endowed, so I'll be making very similar alterations to yours. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email