Saturday, May 3, 2014

New Summer Top, Old Pattern

I wanted a new knit white summer top and decided that Burda pattern 7866, could be pulled out of the archives, dusted off and used for this creation. I've made it twice already which you can see here and here.

Because I need to get started working on some summer clothes fast, I'm choosing quick and easy patterns. The only difference with this one is I used to different types of fabric. The upper portion of the bodice is a relatively sheer knit and the lower portion is a Rayon Lycra knit. Both are in white.

Again this pattern is so easy you can put it together in an afternoon and if you like this style, it's truly a comfortable top that can be worn with just about anything. Jeans, for a casual look or a pencil skirt for more of an office look, just about anything. I have an idea for another one for the summer that I'm tossing around. If I can find the right fabric I'll make it very soon and review it, so bare with me because you may see one more from this pattern.

The fabrics were both purchased at Joann fabrics, and I got them on sale as well which is really sweet! No alterations were needed since I've already made this twice before. TNT patterns are a sewer's best friend!

 

      

...and of course the cami underneath is the incredible Iconic Sami Cami! I love that cami pattern, this is my third one already! I just receive fabric Friday for three more! I don't know if I'll ever purchase another cami again, LOL!!
        
 
     
I actually got to give this combo top a test run last night (Friday, May 2) when I met up with a fellow sewer and two other sewing bloggers. What I great time! Renee, of Miss Celie's Pants, was visiting our area and thought it would be great if some of us could meet. So Andrea, of Satinbird Designs, Tracey who is a fellow sewist in our local area (no blog yet) and I met for dinner Friday night. at one of my favorite restaurants, Season's 52 Grill. OMG that was so much fun! I just wish I could have gotten off work to join them in Sarasota earlier in the day to visit a new fabric store in our area! If interested, you can read more about the fabric store, Pennie Textiles on Renee recent post. I definitely plan on making a visit to this great looking fabric store next weekend!! 

We had such a wonderful time and talked a lot of "shop" and got to know one another a little better.
      
   
     
I love our sewing community and it appears be growing in size and very supportive as well! You never know who will may be in your area next! Thanks Renee, for initiating this meet up and Andrea and Tracey for joining in as well.

On to the next project...

HAPPY SEWING!

12 comments:

  1. How awesome to meet up with other seamstresses! Your TNT top is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! Yes, it was nice and hope I can do it again soon!

      Delete
  2. Your top is very lovely. I love the sewing community; it's always nice to get together with like minded people. I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful time. Love your new top. Mmmmm, I'm pretty sure I have that (of course unused) pattern in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! If you do have it, you definitely should give it a try. It's a quick and easy pattern that's oh so comfortable!

      Delete
  4. This is just what I need. I will see if I can find that Pattern. I am in need of nice summery tops as well. It is getting really hot here in FL, so I have to gear up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie! I think you'll really like this top pattern if you choose to make it. Yeah it is getting really warm here in Florida that's where I am as well!

      Delete
  5. Love the white top! And the Sami Cami, I'm going to look up the pattern...never enough cami's and they are ridiculously priced! Looks like you guys had fun, let us know more about the new store as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! I hope you find the canyon pattern is a really nice one and very quick to make! With any luck my husband will take me to the new fabric store in Sarasota for Mother's Day weekend!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email