Monday, June 23, 2014

New Summer Tops


What can, I say I'm a little slow with catching on to patterns so this makes Simplicity 2181 no exception. I know this pattern has been made several times by many of you and I'm just getting around to it! I don't know why it took me so long because I actually really like this pattern! Great fit right out of the envelope, no alterations whatsoever! The fabric is a graphic print ITY knit I purchased at Joann fabrics a little while ago. This pattern is a quick sew and I think even beginners could handle this one. It's a great little T-shirt with a twist, literally!  
 

   
 

   

I took a few snapshots while I was sick at work in the ladies room, hope you guys don't mind the bathroom cell phone pictures! I just wanted you all to see the great fit I got this time. It was so nice I made a second one right away using the leftover animal print fabric from my dress I made a few weeks ago.
 

   
       

     
I wore this one already too and sorry I don't have any photos of me yet.

I've been doing a lot of sewing lately, I just need to catch up with the blogging. I've actually included my husband in some of my recent sewing too (he thinks he's part of the RTW fast too, LOL!). I have a few shirts that I'd like to show you all I've made for him...may be the next blog. Thanks again for stopping by and...
Happy sewing!

31 comments:

  1. Two great summer tops! I haven't sewn this one yet so you are not totally behind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! That does make me feel better to know I am in good company!

      Delete
  2. I love your tops! And I think it is great (and a testimony to your sewing skills) that your husband thinks he's included in the RTW fast too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I'll be posting some of his shirts on my next post. And yeah he really enjoys me sawing so I thought I'd agree to his ready-to-wear fast demands

      Delete
  3. Very cute tops! Love the little twist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like that detail too!

      Delete
  4. Cute tops! This one is resting in my stash as well. Can't wait to see the hubby's stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! I will have the hubby stuff up on my next blog post.

      Delete
  5. That first one is a fantastic pattern/fabric match. The top looks awesome on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's my favorite too but the animal print looks equally as well on I'll have to take a picture and let you all see.

      Delete
  6. Both tops are cute, but the first one is my favorite! The fit is just perfect, and it looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I am not so in favours of knots but this one is an exception! It is just in the right place.
    You look fabulous in it! It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better. Love your tops, perfect fit and prints. That top is one of my favorite patterns. After seeing yours, need to revisit that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Sheila! I must apologize to you too, because it was all of the versions you may get inspired me to finally make these!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Fay! This pattern is so easy and quick to make I need to make a couple more, they make great T-shirts!

      Delete
  10. wow, great fabric choice Myra, I love it and you know I love a twisted front

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toy! This one I just may make again!

      Delete
  11. Girl, You know I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both tops, especially the first one. It fits you perfectly. I can't wait to see your other makes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tops and the fabric choices are perfect for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them both, and the fit is exceptional! Good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lively and lovely interplay of the stripes, Myra! You look fun and fabulous in this top. :-)

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email