Saturday, June 7, 2014

Our Sewing community has lost a beautiful soul...

  

     
Tamisha Ridge-Glashen

A couple of years ago I introduced you all to Tamisha Ridge-Glashen when she taught me via YouTube, how to self draft my very first peplum dress in my post here. She was a beautiful young woman with three lovely children and I just found out she was a victim of domestic violence a few weeks ago. You can view the tragic story here on this News Article.

A young woman by the name of Nalani was kind enough to send me an email alerting me to the horrible news.

I'm going to join everyone with the #MeeshaTaughtMe on Facebook and (Twitter if you have an account) to show my love for this young lady. May her beautiful soul now rest in peace. You will truly be missed.

14 comments:

  1. Wow.. What a loss. I don't remember how I found her YouTube videos but it was about a year ago. I liked her no pattern, no fuse sewing style. Being very visual it was great to see how to construct garments with ease. I live in Sacramento and had not heard this news. Thanks for posting this story. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that she is gone. Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Janie! This is terrible news and I still am having a hard time accepting she's gone.

      Delete
  2. I am stunned and grieve for the death of this young woman. Such violence is beyond comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness yes Coco! A mother should never have to bury a child!

      Delete
  3. What horribly tragic news. While I had never seen her YouTube videos, she sounds like a remarkable and caring person and my heart goes out to her family and friends in their loss. What is wrong in the world these days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so correct Nancy, she was a remarkable and caring young lady! I have no idea what's wrong with this world these days...but something has got to change and soon!

      Delete
  4. I read the news the day after it happened on Facebook. I actually couldn't believe it as she had just posted a Mother's Day haul. I love watching her videos, she had such a beautiful and fun spirit. She was always smiling and bubbling on her videos. I was crushed, although I didn't know her in 'real life' I felt like I knew her through her videos...so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Levone, it truly felt like I knew her through her videos too...she was truly like a friend! She would correspond with you as if you were her friend! I will truly miss her as I am sure so many others will too!

      Delete
  5. How very sad and so unnecessary. Hugs to you, Myra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is Laure...and thank you. Hugs!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email