Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lunch, Tour and Fabric Shopping!

My favorite past time… Fabric shopping and socializing!

Saturday, October 11, I got to do what I really enjoy doing, meeting up with like-minded individuals for great socializing and a fabric shopping tour!  Our newly formed sewing group met for lunch and a tour of Pennie Fabrics in Sarasota Florida.  Some of us like me, had been there several times already, but you can never get enough of this wonderful boutique fabric shop!

We all met at a quaint little restaurant called Beckhams on the Trail for some good food and fun talk about sewing.  I have to admit during our lunch I was little anxious about getting over to the fabric store…the thought of touching many new fabrics just makes me a little giddy!  However, as soon as the good food was  brought out, I totally forgot about it!…

After lunch, we all quickly shuttled over to visit Pennie Fabrics and Nasir, the owner, had a very nice display waiting for our arrival...

I think everyone had a great time shopping, I know I sure did! 

  

Here are some of my fabric purchases...

From left to right:

Silk Panel Print, Brown with Cream, Orange and Salmon flowers.

Silk Graffitti Print

Cotton Black and White striped shirting (this was originally purchased for my husband, it's now mine-he doesn't want it!)

Cotton Red and White striped shirting

Dark Teal Rayon (lightweight with a beautiful drape)

Light Teal Stretch Wool

Now I have to start sewing some of these beautiful fabrics!  My plan is to get them all done before the end of my RTW Fast at the end of the year.  It's been a wonderful year of sewing and I have to admit, I didn't get anywhere near what I wanted to have created by this time!  Oh well, maybe next year!  At least I have few more weeks to get some great sewing in!

I'm very sure I'll have something to show very soon!

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time! Love the new fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn, it was pretty much fun!

      Delete
  2. Very nice fabric choices ! I'm a fellow RTW faster & also have a long list to make before the end of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So you know exactly what we're facing by the end of the year, hope we both make it!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely day you would have had together. Nice fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love hearing about meet ups.. its so much fun taking part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to meet people that you have something in common with!

      Delete
  5. Wish I had been able to go, I was working and thinking about all of you the whole time! Great fabrics, I'm hoping to get down there myself soon (although I certainly don't need more fabric :) ) Everyone looks like they had a good time! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good time Karen! And we missed you maybe next time!

      Delete
  6. I love your fabric choices Myra! It looks like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! I can't wait to start sewing up some of them!

      Delete
  7. Friends, food, and fabric always make a good mix. =) You have good eyes for fabric and I know you're going to make some fabulous garments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks L! I sure hope so since my last garment was a major wadder!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a fun time, Myra! Sorry I couldn't join you this time. Beautiful fabrics, love the silks. Did you find some denim?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You bought some really great fabric. Your garments are going to look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I'm currently working on some pieces and can't wait to show them!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....