Sunday, December 7, 2014

StyleArc Tops...

For those of you who've read my blog for some time, you know that I love StyleArc patterns! So of course when I needed office sweaters for the cooler winter temperatures here in Florida, why wouldn't I reach for my favorite patterns?  The two I selected, have been in my stash for a while and sorely waiting to be added to the sewing que.  Well they have to wait no longer and I'm sorry that I waited long as I did!  First pattern I selected, was the Kelie dress/top ( I made the top version)...

I decided to make a muslin first, because after reading through the instructions, it appeared that I may have a problem with the twist in front. As it turned out, the instructions were a little different without illustrations to comprehend, but I made it through without any issues!  However because of the different terminology used, I had to really focus on what they were trying to say to the end-user.  My muslin fabric is left over from a drape top I made a while back, which you can see here.  I decided to use a true fashion fabric rather than muslin, because I was hoping it would be a wearable muslin...and wow is it ever!

  

                  

I purchased this pattern size 10, which is my usual four knits.  The pattern went together very easily and quickly after you get through the twist. As usual with StyleArc patterns, there are very little, if any, illustrations so you really have to pay attention to the instructions.  I put this top together in an afternoon and feel it would've been only a couple of hours had I understood the instructions as clearly as I do now. My next top will probably be made in two hours or less.  Yep, there will be another one!  I didn't have to make any alterations to this pattern! However on my next one I may make the opening of the neckline more of a jewel style, which is just a preference of mine.  All in all I give this pattern "three thumbs up"!

The second pattern I selected was the StyleArc Lolita.  I only saw a couple of reviews on this top and I believe, One of the reviews made reference to an error in the instructions; but I didn't find there to be any errors when I went through it.  

Again I had to pay special attention the instructions, especially when attaching the collar with the tucks to the neckline. After that, everything was complete in about an hour, it's just that fast!  I didn't have to make any alterations to the pattern. The fabric is a Hunter Green Cotton Rayon blend I purchased from JoAnn fabrics and the pattern was also purchased in a size 10 as well. When I make my next one, I will make it longer because this one was about 3 inches shorter than I would like, but still at a comfortable, wearable length.  There definitely will be another one of these tops!  As I stated before I really love StyleArc patterns and I'm so happy you can now purchase them on Etsy, download and print them at home as well! That will save a lot on the shipping costs from Australia!  So enough chatter from me, here's the photo...

  

If you like the style of either of these tops, I highly recommend the patterns! They are both very comfortable and stylish tops to wear!  You definitely can't go wrong with any of these styles!


12 comments:

  1. Nice!! First hearing about the Easy StyleArc. What a deal. I the brown top looks really cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea and I will be checking out StyleArc on Etsy too!

      Delete
  2. Love both but I really want to wear the teal one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye that's my favorite too, and I making a skirt to wear with it I will post soon.

      Delete
  3. I love the tops. I haven't sewn style arc because of the cost but now they have PDF on etsy I will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your tops Myra, they are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I've been wanting to try that first pattern. I didn't know they offered pdf. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! The pdfs really save on shipping costs!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful tops! I love their styles but never tried them either. I don't care for PDFs either but may have to give in, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Levone! I know pdfs can be a pain in the you know what...however, if it saves you shipping costs, it may be worth it!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email