Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year and Year End Wrap Up


I hope each and everyone of you had a wonderful Christmas and a better New Year's Eve celebration!

Reflecting back on 2014, it has meant so much to be a part of the RTW fast with all of the other wonderful sewers in the group!  I definitely did not create the amount of clothes my little mind told me I could!  I also did not have enough time to post some of the items I did create for all to see either.  However, I will try to briefly make up for that in this post!

Regarding 2015, I have a lot of plans in the works for my future (sewing definitely included!)  I no longer believe in New Years Resolutions, so I don't make them.  My goal is to do whatever I need to make 2015 the best year ever for myself!  With that said, let's close out 2014!

Here's my summary for the 2014 RTW fast (49 garments made)...

Dresses: 4

Skirts: 5

Pants: 3

Vest: 1

Tops: 36  (do you think I had enough tops for 2014?)

Below are photos of items made but not posted on blog...

  

  

  

  


  

  

  

  

  

Christmas Present from Hubby...Christmas in Key West, FL

That's a wrap for 2014!!

Did you make a New Year's Resolution?  If so, what will yours be for 2015?

Thanks again for stopping by to read my blog and thanks again to all of you who joined the 2014 RTW fast!  Until next time...

Keep It Hand Made!!

23 comments:

  1. 36 tops? Whoa! Some of these non-blogged items look really intriguing, the jeans for instance. What pattern? It's always interesting to read the year-end wrapups. Thanks for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I couldn't believe it myself until I started taking inventory! The pattern I used to make the jeans (which was my muslin) was call the Jamie Jean by Named. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very productive year, my dear! What pattern is that cute little pink number from, or did you draft it? Hope 2015 is a wonderful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Andrea! The Pink top is Simplicity 1622 from the Khaliah Ali collection (designed for full figured women). However, the smallest size is a 10 so I was able to use it and would love to have a black, sleeveless version too. I hope 2015 will be a great year for you too!

      Delete
  4. Great sewing year Myra. You know I'm a top girl too so I DO understand. I'm always inspired by your tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Faye! Yes, I know you understand because some of my tops last year were inspired by YOU!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Alethia! I praying we all have a wonderful 2015!!

      Delete
  6. Great wrap up!! I love that pink (?) top with the double ruffle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (albeit your wrap up was FABULOUS!!) The pink double ruffle top is Simplicity 1622 designed for full figure women. I really like it and am going to make a sleeveless version in black too!

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year Myra, I love that grey top, its so YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toy! If you're referring to the grey striped one, that's a skirt that can be worn as a dress as well. I love it but messed it up a little with the stripes. I should probably review what I did on that one.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year Myra! I loved seeing all of these creations. I especially like the jeans, great print and fabulous fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! And happy new year to you too, good to see you back posting blogs!

      Delete
  9. I love the knit tops. Do you use a coverstitch machine? Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No I just use my traditional sewing machine and my surgery. I wish I did have a cover stitch machine!

      Delete
  10. Woah Myra, great tops as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! 36 tops?! That's an achievement for sure! Happy (belated) new year to you!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....