Sunday, February 1, 2015

McCall's 2353-Pinstripe Blouse...

                                    

I chose this pattern because this is an easy shirt to construct and takes hardly no time at all!  I've had it in my stash for quite a while and it's currently out of print but can be found in different places on the web.  I found and a site a called eCrater, here's the link…


The fabric was purchased quite a while ago on one of my first visits to Pennie Fabrics (Textiles). When I first laid my hand on it, I thought it was silk, only to confirm with Nasir (the shops owner) that it's actually a polyester lining, big shocker!  This fabric has the feel of a fine silk and has a slight stretch to it as well, along with a soft sheen!  It falls along the body like a fine silk too and feels really good! The great part about it being polyester is, I can throw it in the washer and dryer unlike silk!

The color is hard to describe, it's a pastel gray with fine black pinstripes.  Here's a close-up of the fabric hope you can see the pinstripes…

             
     

All in all this was a quick gratification sew and  something I needed to kickstart my sewing mojo again!

            
   

         

   

Another thing that kickstarted my sewing for this weekend...I was the winner of  a mini fabric shopping spree at Fabric Mart care of Nakisha from the Sew Crafty Chemist blog!  THANK YOU!   I already know what I'm going to make with the fabric I purchase from Fabric Mart!

I feel this is going to be a great year...thanks for stopping by everyone and as always,

HAPPY SEWING!


27 comments:

  1. Super cute top! Congrats on winning the mini Fabric Mart shopping spree. Can't wait to see what you pick and make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic in your new top. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great top Myra. Nothing like a great fitting shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Faye! Ain't that the truth!

      Delete
  4. That's a great little top, Myra. Congrats on the winning! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a smart looking top! Have fun with your fabric win. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I love a good shirt

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really nice! Great fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely top and will pair well with many other garments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It was actually intended for my suit...but it does go well with just about anything!

      Delete
  9. This is such a cute top,it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This top is so cute and it fits you so well, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win. I know I'm late. I can't believe I've been missing your post. I think I got you in my feed now. Anyway, this is a nice shirt. I always like all the realt cute tops you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I can never have enough tops! I used my winnings to buy more fabric for tops too, LOL!!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email