Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Style Arc Issy Top

I hope you all didn't think I had given up on blogging!!  Life as usual gets in my way...no excuse, it's just the way it is these days and my guess is some of you can relate!  I have been doing some sewing though and over the next few days, I'll try to get you all caught up on the things I've created (mostly tops).  First we start off with the Style Arc Issy Top.


I've had this pattern in my stash for a little while now. I've been searching for a turquoise colored rayon knit for some time, and when I found it, I knew that this was a pattern I wanted to try with this fabric. The fabric was found at Joanne fabrics.   And wasn't very expensive, actually I think it was on sale for $4 dollars a yard or something like that.  So I wasn't too concerned about cutting right into the fabric and use in this pattern for the first time.  I must say I'm glad I took the plunge, because I absolutely adore this pattern!  I love it so much I immediately made it a second time in a different color.

This first version was made in turquoise to match a skirt that I've had in my collection for many years.  I used to have a turquoise colored RTW a top that I wore with the skirt, but it became very worn out now many years ago.  This new top is a perfect match for my skirt.  Here's a photo of the actual top completed….

  

The next version of the Issy Top, I  made sleeveless in a dark brown Rayon jersey knit also purchase at Joanne fabrics.  

Don't you just love when something works out the first time?!  While this pattern went together fairly well with no issues and really quickly, I would not recommend it for beginners.  Style Arc patterns tend to be directed to experienced sewers. Their instructions are very limited as well as the illustrations.  However, this pattern went together so quickly that I was able to make two of these tops in one day!! This version I made sleeveless and I am very please with the way the second one turned out as well…

  

The only thing that I would change if I made this pattern again, is to make it a little shorter. It tends to run a little long for my taste.  I'm not sure if I would make it again only because it's a very distinctive style and I already have two now.  I would highly recommend the pattern if you like the style!

As always, thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! 

HAPPY SEWING!

12 comments:

  1. Both tops are awesome in style and color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy! I do love them!

      Delete
  2. You did a fantastic job on these tops, Myra. All those little folds & tucks can get a little tricky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! Actually Style Arc makes it really easy!

      Delete
  3. These tops are fantastic! I love a good drapey, asymmetrical top. I still haven't tried StyleArc, but they seem to have great, unique designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Yes the do have some truly unique and very stylish designs! In most cases, they usually have a great fit too (at least for me!)

      Delete
  4. I got this for free last year and never touched it. It's so pretty!!! Maybe I should audition some stash fabrics for it!

    Just love both of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Nakisha!!! You should...I think this top would look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tops and what... one can never have too many of the same top worked up in different color and prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila and I isn't that the truth!

      Delete
  7. Love both tops! Would this top be too complex for a beginner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Style Arc's patterns don't give very detailed instructions so if you are comfortable going at it alone as a beginner you might be ok. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend for beginners

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....