Tuesday, September 29, 2015

McCall's 6841 Remake, A Concert and An Announcement…

Hey everyone...remember me? I missed you all and hope you missed me too! I have not been sewing for sometime, so recently I worked on a couple of things and it really made me want to get back into the 2nd love of my life… "Sewing" of course! (The first love is my family!!)

My husband and I recently went to the Janet Jackson concert (her Unbreakable Tour) and of course like a average woman you know I needed something new to wear! I started off working on a dress that I thought would be really cute for the occasion…that immediately got sacked after I tried the completed dress on! (more on that in another post, LOL!).

I had this beautiful yellow sweater fabric in my stash I'd purchased from Michael Levine quite sometime ago (it's no longer available). I decided to use it with McCall's 6841...

that turned out to be a great choice! Because I had made this twice before I was used to working with the pattern. And I needed to get something done very quickly since this was made the day of the concert! (Nothing like waiting to the last minute, LOL!). I made this version sleeveless and made one slight change to the sleeveless version... I brought the armhole edges in towards the neckline approximately 1" for more of an expose shoulder. (The old girl wants to be a little sexy, sexy!) I have to say the fabric really made this top!!…

I wanted to make sure to got some pictures of the actual top on me, but unfortunately, the only ones I have are cell phone shots the Hubby took in the hotel and one at the actual concert...
This top paired with some black leggings and of course some killer 5" Black heels…made me feel absolutely FABULOUS!! My husband and I had a wonderful time and Janet was the ultimate professional who put on a great show! This was a great way to start my new life which leads me to my announcement…

I finally took the plunge and RETIRED from corporate!!! New life, New blog look and a New Attitude! Blogging can now be a full part of my life...can anyone say YEAH, HALLEUJAH!!! It's been a really long time coming and I'm so happy it's finally here! We'll be talking again very soon and thank you all so much for stopping by and giving me a little bit of your time!

Let's Go Sew!

 

20 comments:

  1. Wow...! This is so cute. The look is definitely "a new attitude" look. Your news of job changes and the new blog...I say way to go. It all looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am very excited about having my life back!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your retirement !!! And retirement looks good on you. Fabulous top and yes you had your sexy, sexy on... go Ms. Lady !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Sheila! This has to be one of my favorite tops!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the retirement - I look forward to more fantastic creations with all that time you will have. Enjoy! and you look fab in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! It truly has been a long time coming!

      Delete
  4. Happy to see you're back and HAPPY to know we'll be seeing more of your fabulous sewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEK! Congratulations on your retirement! How exciting for you!!!!!

    You of course look fabulous and that knit was PERFECT for this drapey top! Glad you enjoyed the concert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Very happy I'll get to see more now!

      Delete
  6. That is an amazing top! Can't wait to see (and read) more of you now that you are retired. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Jenny! I'm looking forward to getting back into it too!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the retirement!!! You look Marvelous! (in my billy crystal voice) The top is all that and a Janet Jackson shoulder jerk! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! LOL! I don't think I've ever heard that before… But I like it!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your "new" life as much as I enjoy mine! Retirement - I highly recommend it. That top is terrific--fabric makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Linda! So far I'm really starting to enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I've been retired for eight years now and I don't miss working. I do wonder how I got anything done when I was working! BTW you look awesome in your top. I think I have that fabric in red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle! I understand what you mean, I don't miss work either but it has been an adjustment (a huge one at that!). I didn't realize how dirty my house was until I retired and started cleaning, LOL! Now I have a long list of "honey do's" for myself! Either way, I'm truly enjoying myself!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on your retirement! I'll be joining the ranks soon. Your top is beautiful great color on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! While it's very nice to have a little more time on my hands, it's still been a huge adjustment!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email