Thursday, October 22, 2015

Episodes of a RTW Remake

Hello everyone, this is another episode of "ready to wear (RTW)" remake. When I was on a business trip a few months ago, I was frantically trying to find a top to wear to an event. Then I stumbled across this beautiful turquoise colored, combination chiffon and knit top! It was perfect for the occasion and I've quickly fallen in love with it! Now months later I was looking for another top to wear to a event my husband & I were attending and the first thing that popped into my mind was that beautiful turquoise colored top. If only I could have it in another color! But alas! I can sew…I can have any clothing item my heart desires (within reason that is!)

So off to my fabric stash I go…and I came out with this beautiful coral colored knit and a matching coral colored chiffon. I had purchased them both a while back from Pennie Fabrics and had posted about them here.

I felt this would be a quick and easy sew, because it's basically just a tank top with a chiffon drape across the front! Since I wanted it to be exactly like the turquoise color top, I decided not to try and find a pattern to match the tank top. (I'm positive I have one in my stash somewhere) Instead I traced The RTW top. It was very easy to do and so quick I actually made this top a few hours in the morning before the event! Really, no lie! You sewers out there know it's very easy to throw together a tank top...then drape fabric across the front, easy peasy, right?

So I traced the RTW top on to some of my pattern paper, and now I have a pattern to make this top again anyway I like in the future!

I took a close look at the RTW top, to figure out how I was going to put this one together. It worked out to my benefit because it looked pretty simple and straightforward. As I stated earlier, a few hours later and Wa La...I had a brand-new top in a beautiful coral color!

The fabric for the RTW tank is a rayon Lycra and is softer than my "me made" top which is rayon spandex. (I prefer the rayon lycra but both fit very nice) I did have one little area of concern that I will correct when I make my next one. However, the concern is not enough for anyone to really know who doesn't sew! (and sewers may not know… Can you tell? :) )

I really do like what I did with this remake and now when they are worn out or if I just want another, I can have it easily!

Do you have an RTW favorite that you remade recently?

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little of your day with me, it's truly appreciate it!

LET'S GO SEW!

 

14 comments:

  1. Wow I like your remake. What a lovely top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! You really looked fantastic in the blue one in Sarasota. I love seeing RTW copies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm sure it looked even more,lovely on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes the fit was perfect!

      Delete
  4. A wonderful top, simple but chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ethereally beautiful and the color is perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! I love both colors!

      Delete
  6. Lovely! I may copy that idea! thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda and you should, it's easy and a very comfortable top!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....