Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Party Top

 

Hi everyone! The holidays are upon us and I know everyone must be CRAZY busy with the final preparations for your holiday celebrations! So I will make this really quick!

I was invited to my old company's Christmas party (last Friday) and wanted something new to wear. Since it was Casual Friday, I opted for jeans and just made a top. I had something in mind, so I used Simplicity 1063 as a start and added my changes to bring my thoughts to creation.

The only portion of the pattern I used was the front twist. All other pieces, sleeves, upper chest/neckline and back were all self drafted by me. This was such a quick sew...that I actually created it Friday morning prior to the 1:00pm Christmas party! Very very easy!

It was the perfect top for a casual office party and so very comfortable too. The black lace has a large amount of stretch and was gifted to me quite some time ago. The black fabric for the body of the top is a luxurious wool knit I purchased from Pennie Fabrics during the summer. I may make another and if so, I'll post how I did it if anyone is interested!

Thanks for stopping by and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe and enjoyable Happy New Year!

Let's Go Sew!

 

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous top and you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice style choice. It's a great top too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myra you always make great tops - this one included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ms. Faye! I love separates!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful top! Merry Christmas!! We must get together soon in the new year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Jenny!! Yes, I'm really looking forward to us getting together again!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Natisha! You're so correct, I can wear with jeans or pair it with a fancy skirt for a total different look!

      Delete
  6. That top is adorable! The fit looks great on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks AMAZING. I love the wrap with the lace yoke! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your version of this pattern is GORGEOUS! Happy New Year, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email