Thursday, June 2, 2016

New Top & TNT Pants

Lately I've been all over the place with what I want to sew! Between challenges and planned trips, my wardrobe needs have changed considerably from day to day, LOL! Yesterday I decided to sew something based on fabric selection.

Earlier in the year, I had gone to the annual sewing expo where I purchased this beautiful coral with black print 100% rayon fabric. It's been bugging me since I added it to my stash...so I pulled it out the other day and decided I was going to make a top with it. Because of the heat we are having in Florida now, I grabbed Kwik Sew pattern K3848. I created view A which is a cute and different take on a tank top. Perfect for this Florida heat!

The pattern was very easy to make and I had no issues with the instructions. It wasn't a very quick sew because of the bindings (I wanted them straight so I pinned them carefully), it took me two afternoons to complete. However, I really like how it turned out and want to make another possibly in white or a beautiful pastel color!

The pants I'm wearing with the top I just completed today. The fabric is a very nice heavyweight Black Rayon Spandex I purchased from Pennie Fabrics earlier in the week. This fabric was great to work with and has four way stretch. I used my TNT (It's my TNT because I fit the pattern perfectly for my body and can use it to make leggings or any other type of stretch pants) Butterick 4807...

This pattern is very fast and easy to make. I made them in a couple hours! It also has a nice wide waistband with no elastic, instead it uses the self fabric to make a yoga pants type waist band.

I used my new cover stitch machine to hem the bottom of these pants and it worked beautifully! I really love this outfit and I assure you, it will get a lot of wear!

If you like the style of either pattern, (top or pants) I highly recommend each!

Do you have a great TNT pattern that you go back to time after time?

 

32 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm starting to see more and more shirts with this back detail. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Candice! I really do love it too!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic outfit! That top is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny!! This is going to be a great top with shorts too!

      Delete
  3. Saw you scope the details on this top today Myra. Love the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! I appreciate you watching my scope!!

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous. Love the back detail on the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see why you chose the top because it has awesome details! You should definitely make more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I really plan to because I believe it will be a lot faster the second time around!

      Delete
  6. that top is so cute - love that it has some interesting details - not a plain tank. And how great that you have a pattern where you can make pants in a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! This pants pattern is really nice, and only has three pieces and truly from cut to finish… A couple hours!

      Delete
  7. I love the back of the top. I also have to check out those pants w/no elastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ila!! Yes you should, they're really comfortable!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE the shirt!!! The back detail is gorgeous, and it looks great on you. I like pants that are a quick sew too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! This is definitely a very comfortable top. (And it doesn't hurt that it's cute too!). The back detail is what attracted it to me too!

      Delete
  9. Great ensemble. Perfect summer outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the print and the top. Like the way you styled it!!!

      Delete
  10. Great outfit, Myra! I like that yoga waistband I use it on my skirts, so comfortable and smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely outfit! Both pieces suit you so well. You chose a great top pattern for that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great outfit! I'm glad you like your coverstitch machine. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, I do live my cover stitch machine!

      Delete
  13. How I keep missing all the cutest outfits you make, I just don't know. I shall subscribe via email. The read top is lovely and you really did an excellent job with the new overstitch. I'm still trying to get used to ending the stitch without unraveling the entire seam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! I can do a scope for everyone about ending on the cover stitch so it doesn't unravel.

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....