Thursday, July 28, 2016

Backlog of Sewing Projects (Long Blog)...

Hello All,

I've been sewing and unfortunately, not posted my completed projects on my blog. It appears I am quilty of being "sucked" into the world of social media! (Periscope, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat-in that order too!). I owe it to you all to let you know what I've been up to! I joined a Facebook group called "Pericrafters" a few months back and love the group! (Crafters who periscope their projects). It's a wonderful group of like minded individuals who are very supportive and especially, a "no drama zone" which I love, love, love! It truly is so much fun to spend time with so many people you have something in common with especially talking live! There are challenges, prizes, interviews, inspiration and loads of support! However, with all that said, my blog is my first love and where it all started, so it is important for me to keep it open and interesting.

Some of the items I have been working on were posted on other social media outlets but not with me wearing them. This morning, I decided to pull out my tripod and snap these photos just for you all! So here goes...

Up first is a pair of PJs I made for a challenge. The top is a self-drafted, racerback tee shirt pattern I created. I've made several white ones from this pattern for layering under low-cut tops and I love this pattern. The shorts were made from my favorite leggings pattern Kwik Sew 3770. I just added a wide elastic waistband.

Did I say how comfy these are!
One of white tees previously made

Next is another project made for a challenge...it's a "cold shoulder" top I created by altering the Butterick 6057 pattern. This pattern was designed for wovens but I chose to create my top using a knit. Fabric for the PJs above and this top was gifted to me by the fabulous Ms. Victoria Baylor of Ten Thoussand Sewing Hours! She was a sponsor of one of the challenges in the Pericrafter group. I made version D (the red & black print photo)...

Sorry about the poor lighting!
I love this set!

The shorts were made using McCalls 5857, I made version C. Both pieces were extremely easy to make and were done over a weekend!

OOPs! No brown zipper in stash!

Lastly, is a self-drafted dress inspired by a lovely designer I just learned about, Daniela Tabois! She sells her designs on her website (linked name) and she also has a YouTube channel where she gives tips and instructions in designing! It was one of these videos where I was inspired to create this wonderful dress! In the YouTube video titled "DIY Racerback Ruffle Trapeze Dress" Daniela turns a maxi length peasant type skirt into a racerback dress. My first thought, "brillant" because I had a skirt I purchased many years ago and I'd only worn once! I knew it would be perfect for this project! Unfortunately, in my haste to create this dress, I forgot to take a photo of the skirt prior to starting my project, sorry everyone! Also, my skirt was not maxi length, it was more of a 3/4 length skirt so I ended up with a tunic instead. I also ran out of fabric and needed to add additional fabric (lace) for the front neckline which turned out to be a great design element! Lucky me!!

I love, love, love this tunic and need to order some Olive Green fabric to make some matching leggings! Thank you so much Ms. Tabois for your great inspiration! I really had a great time creating this and know I will get to wear this so much more than I would have the skirt!

Thank you all so much for stopping by and giving me a little of your time (LOL, if you read this entire long post, it was more than a "little" time!)

I leave you all with a selfie of my newest grandson, Tristan (18 months) with his grandma recently!

Happy Sewing Y'all!!

 

18 comments:

  1. Well isn't he the cutest!?!

    I love your cold shoulder top the most! But all are winners. You've been super busy! Just keep on sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Grandbabies are to be spoiled right?!! I got my passion back and I'm sewing more than I have in quite sometime!

      Delete
    2. I was just going to say the same thing. The cold shoulder to is fierce!

      Delete
    3. Thank you!! I can't wait to actually wear it!!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the off the shoulder top as well!!! It is gorgeous, and it reminds me of a maternity pattern I have but never made. I also agree that all of your other tops are wonderful. I can't believe you haven't blogged about them yet. Oh, and I am so glad you modeled them for us this time! Your grandson is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am mad at myself for not blogging so long either and have created a schedule so that that won't happen again! My grandbabies make me so happy!

      Delete
  3. great outfits - and love the print in those pjs. always glad to read your blog posts and you seem to choose patterns that I want to try so I appreciate your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! As I mentioned in my post, I have to get better at keeping my subscribers interested with a passion that I truly love! Thank you again for hanging in there with me!

      Delete
  4. You've been really busy! I love all your makes; your fabric selection is amazing. Your grandson is too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am really happy when I get to sew and spend time with my grandbabies!

      Delete
  5. Adorable little fellow! and I love your pj's!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you've been busy!

    I have an off thread question. Your wood floors are so shiny? What do you use on them. I recently bought a new home full of original wood floors and am at a loss on how to keep them clean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been very busy!!

      I only damp mop my floors using Murphy's Liquid Oil Soap. If you have original wood floors, you may need them sanded and resealed with a polyurethane first. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  7. Some awesome pieces there! Glad you've been sewing and enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tasha! I have to check your blog too so I can see what you've been up to!!

      Delete
  8. Love all your projects and that little guy is so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Char! I love my grandbabies!!!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....